The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: KYb question

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    RaiseEmUp

KYb question

:x I have Kyb shocks and the settings is on one all around. Does anyone have a problem with the bounce because I could see my front lights bouncing up and down really fast on the freeway and that shit gets annoying. Is this common :?:

moving to suspension forum

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Are you aon stock springs or what?

Galant_01

Re: KYb question

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RaiseEmUp)</div><div class='quotemain'>:x I have Kyb shocks and the settings is on one all around. Â*Does anyone have a problem with the bounce because I could see my front Â*lights bouncing up and down really fast on the freeway and that shit gets annoying. Is this common :?:</div> I thought that the 1 setting on those shocks were for track use only! That would explain alot if true. Try them on like 3 in the front and 6 in the back.

Not all KYB have 8 settings......The ones I have are 4 settings only and 1 being softess and no, it is not for racing only. 1 is for the comfortable luxury sedan style ride and 4 being the aggressive hard style ride......
    2001 Galant ES I4
    Injen RD CAI
    Kamikaze Headers
    Brospeed Prosport Muffler
    Brembo X-drilled/Slotted Rotors
    Progress Springs
    KYB AGX Adjustables
    Racing X Headlights
    Smoked Tails
    Custom Grill
    Titanium Limo Tint
    MOMO Shift Knob
    Tenzo R Mean-6 18"
    JBL 600.1
    2 JL 12W3 D4 in topfire custom box

My ride: http://photos.yahoo.com/nrg_neo

Galant_01
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NRG)</div><div class='quotemain'>Not all KYB have 8 settings......The ones I have are 4 settings only and 1 being softess and no, it is not for racing only. Â*1 is for the comfortable luxury sedan style ride and 4 being the aggressive hard style ride......</div> My bad I haven't gotten mine yet! My boys Prelude's KYB's were the opposite of that.

I've had my KYB's on setting 1 for about a month, and the ride is nicer but at high speeds I also get the headlight jitters. These are performance struts so even the setting 1 is stiffer than average.
    1999 2.4l
    - AEM Short Ram with Blitz Sonic Air Filter
    - Magnecore Wires & Denso Iridium Plugs
    - Throttle Body rebored by ProFlow
    - Throttle Body Coolant Bypass
    - Throttle Cable adjustment
    - Freedom Design Strut Bar
    - Tein Springs
    - KYB AGX setting 1
    Exterior:
    - 2nd Gen JDM Tails
    - New rear 02 Molding
    - Debadged Mitsubishi lettering

damn-no-$$$
    would setting on 4 (hardest) wear the shox faster?? instead of softer settings

I don't get too much bouncing with my front Konis set at the lowest setting, but my rear KYB AGX's are set at 1 and they are rather rough. Forget putting the KYB's on 4, that setting rattles my teeth when going over bumps.

Experienced TGC Member
    Shoot, I have mine on 3 in the front and 6 in the back... just right for coil-overs IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Galant_01
    I thought that the 1 setting on those shocks were for track use only! That would explain alot if true. Try them on like 3 in the front and 6 in the back.
    Actually it's the other way around, the higher the number setting.. the harder the rod resistance.
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>