The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Matte Paint

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 34 of 34
    You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dwjp90 View Post
    same
    You probably wont be around to see it.

ok.. lets not get this started again fellas..

but stewi.. wat were u saying about the scratch.. say u get one and u want to get rid of it.. would u have to paint it again?
    04 Maxima SL in Bronze with Black leather

It is very hard to keep in good shape. PITA really. I was just kidding....

yeah i had a gsxr that was flat black with a polished frame and swing arm, then i pained the rims firetruck red and polished the lip... it looked hot...but it was a pain to keep
    it looking good, dust would stick to it like glue
    Last edited by guynlidia2006; 06-17-2008 at 09:27 PM
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mapid145 View Post
    ok.. lets not get this started again fellas..

but stewi.. wat were u saying about the scratch.. say u get one and u want to get rid of it.. would u have to paint it again?
    Yeah like with a regular car if you get a light scratch, its just in the clear coat, and you wetsand it and coumpound polish it out. But with a matte finish, no matter which way you do it, if you use clearcoat, you have to use a flattening agent. If you have ever been in a body shop, for a regular paint job, after you spray the basecoat, which is the color coat, when it dries, it looks flat, but the clear coat is what makes it look shiny. So with flat paint, you had a flattening agent to the clear coat that makes it "lay down" choppy and not smooth, that makes it look flat. So if you got a scratch in that, if you try to polish it, your going to make the clear coat look smooth in that area and it wont be like the rest of the car.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    ohh yeah and Ray, I am still kinda up in the air myself. I have it narrowed down to flat gray, EVO MR Gray, or a McLaren SLR silver. I am kinda leaning towards the silver, but I think gray would look hott.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

well what i did with my bike was just touch up spots every now and then to keep it fresh...
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

I like it, looks aggressive but dude I don't recommend it on any daily car. Because a flat paint job i the opposite of a paint job when trying to care for it, like you said. When you get a scratch, you buff it out. With flat it will be the opposite, you rub it it will shine, corners will start to shine, you cant work on your car with greasy hands or you are screwed if you get it on there. Just a lot of pain in the ass to take care, really. It would look kind of teh way my front bumper looks like now.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    In your sig the front bumper almost looks like a matte black.. Picturing that on the whole car, it looks pretty good to me..

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffylou87 View Post
    In your sig the front bumper almost looks like a matte black.. Picturing that on the whole car, it looks pretty good to me..

Well that's just primer I use but that is pretty much what it would look like. Like the cars from robocop... Looks good, yes but man so hard to take care of.

I might just do it for like couple of weeks, take some pictures and then bring it back in my garage, sand it again nd apply clear. Will see.

Found this on another board, I love the look of matte black on cars and motorcycles to.

http://www.gtrblog.com/media/blogs/g...Black/4052.jpg

That skyline is hot!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12