The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Beating a dead horse on the manual trans swap

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29
    good luck and dont 4get 2 take pics

2001 5 speed 4g64T

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    werd.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Well, I finished the 5 speed swap. It took me about 8 hours yesterday, so my 4 hour goal was shot to hell. Today I am going to clean things up a bit, solder the reverse light wires, clean my interior of greasy fingerprints, etc. I haven't even driven it yet, because I had to stop abruptly yesterday. I will have more updates a little later today. Oh, and I took a ton of pictures.
    -Jeremy
    1964 Impala Convertible
    1989 Dodge Ram 50 w/ Turbo 4G63
    2005 Subaru 2.5 RS
    2006 Subaru Legacy GT
    My Car Blog

thats some great news Jeremy, congrads :-)

2001 5 speed 4g64T

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    nice going

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

cool i just installed my brake and clutch pedals and master cylinder so far... finish it later this week hopefully if i get my clutch in.

2 days later.... The 5 speed swap is fantastic. It feels like a new car again. Everything is so tight and nice like it should be. It also feels a bit faster (obviously, less power lost through the automatic).

I still need to clean my interior, install a shifter boot, adjust my shifter cables a bit, and get a new stereo since my original one sucked and I don't have the code to make it work again. For those of your interested, I am doing a write up on my Website. I am writing the whole process out as I have spare time. For now, I just have pictures and the write-up building up to the swap. If you guys want, I can post it up on this site too when I am done writing it all.

-Jeremy
    1964 Impala Convertible
    2005 Subaru 2.5 RS
    2006 Subaru Legacy GT
    My Car Blog

Good pics, it looks like this will be a nice writeup. I envy you, I'm still waiting on some parts :(

I added a bunch of pictures and did a lot more of the write-up on my website. I recently found another major bonus to doing the 5 speed swap. I went from 25 mpg on average to 30 mpg on my last tank! I am almost excited to use another tank of gas to see if my gas mileage is really that great.

As for the swap itself - it is still working beautifully, and I couldn't be happier. Now I need to focus on my other cars for a while until I get the itch to do springs and struts in the Galant.

-Jeremy
    1964 Impala Convertible
    2005 Subaru 2.5 RS
    2006 Subaru Legacy GT
    My Car Blog

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12