The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Evo Steering Wheel

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

Evo Steering Wheel

can you fit a evo steering wheel on galant
    and if u can anybody got pics??
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    6G72T and Fatal1 have Evo steering wheels.. And yes they do fit

Fatal1 doesn't have a evo steering wheel, I don't believe. I believe he has stock leather GTZ wheel
    and 6G72T I am not sure what wheel he has
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Banned
    i was wondering the same thing because i want to change my stock steering wheel but still want and airbag. i was thinking about this Evo 8 steering wheel would it fir..
    Last edited by platano; 06-24-2008 at 11:06 AM

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Evo steering wheels do not fit on Galants! 3G eclipse ones do or Nardi/Torinos like mine do and still retain the SRS system, other wise you have to go aftermarket and loose the airbag.

Banned
    post a pic of yours

Last edited by RAZ_76; 06-24-2008 at 11:13 AM

Banned
    ive seen those before. it's off the vr4 right? i looks basically like the stock one though except for the Nardo logo in the corner.
    Last edited by platano; 06-24-2008 at 11:17 AM

No, it is not like the stock one at all. Might look like that from the pictures but it is very diffrent.

Yeah, I still have the Evo8 steering wheel I picked up a couple years ago and no it won't fit. Even if the wheel itself bolted up, the air bag has a completely different connector and I'm not about to start splicing wires for the SRS system.

Banned
    ive seen that nardi wheel you have before and it dosent look very different from stock imo. but anyway it is off the vr4 right..

Mine is off the 3000GT. The stock Galant steering wheel is made of rubber and one piece. The NARDI is made of real leather, it's two piece, has perforated leather on the sides, it's black and the bag it's self is different. Looks can be deceiving and I can see how you would think it looks the same but I assure you it's not. You want the racing look and you will have to go aftermarket like the one I had before in my 02 but you loose airbag and horn as a result of upgrade.

well i want something better than stock and have that racing wheel feel but with the horn and the bag
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................

Well then like I said, 3G steering wheel or the one I have are your options.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    no i dont have the evo wheel as jay said...it is potentially possible to fit from what ive heard but it would involve modding the whole steering column, the splines from the 2 wheels are different as well, there is a guy on c3g that baught one and said he was going to try to install it a while ago but i havent seen any updates... so i figured let him be the test dummy lmao....also there are aftermarket wheels that have airbags as well although i have only seen one company who does (forgot the name) but they are very expensive, they are nice though

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fatal1 View Post
    also there are aftermarket wheels that have airbags as well although i have only seen one company who does (forgot the name) but they are very expensive, they are nice though
    any websites i can check some out??

MJ2002
    i would get a hub, quick release, and an aftermarket wheel like momo,sparco,etc. haha i think that would look good on our car for show & maybe theft deterent also