The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My headlight project!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Showing results 101 to 120 of 162
    yas there is a reason to hurry...we wanna see
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

lol patience is a virtue! ;) i'm building climactic desire this way!! haha
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4G64 */* !!NEW!! 03 Honda CBR F4i
    * a little done -*- more to come *
    My Dual Halo H3 Projector Project

man everytime i see sombody do this it makes me want to do it. haha

i wonder what headlights would work for the jdm ones..

Quote Originally Posted by dknight3 View Post
    man everytime i see sombody do this it makes me want to do it. haha

i wonder what headlights would work for the jdm ones..
    it would be alot easier to just swap in some tsx projectors into the low beam reflector housing and put a nice shroud over it
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar22 View Post
    it would be alot easier to just swap in some tsx projectors into the low beam reflector housing and put a nice shroud over it
    x2 :D

just read the whole thread and damn man! props on putting it out there and stepping up to the plate!
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    nice.

i am planing my projector projector now as we speak and thanks to airborneparainf82 I am gonna have an extra set of reflectors to try on... so if i skrew up my heads are still safe... I am over planing thus we can all have a easy way to do projectors on a budget... I am gonna take many pics and post up once i start so u guys can support me the way we have him...
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

Quote Originally Posted by Ivory8g View Post
    just read the whole thread and damn man! props on putting it out there and stepping up to the plate!
    thanks! yeah i figured itd be a good laugh if i fucked it up and this way people could throw their $.02 in along the way, which has actually helped out alot!

Quote Originally Posted by guynlidia2006 View Post
    i am planing my projector projector now as we speak and thanks to airborneparainf82 I am gonna have an extra set of reflectors to try on... so if i skrew up my heads are still safe... I am over planing thus we can all have a easy way to do projectors on a budget... I am gonna take many pics and post up once i start so u guys can support me the way we have him...
    glad to help. like i said they were gunna end up in the trash anyways so gl with your project and Im looking forward to seeing yours complete too!

come on man!!! I need an update!!!!!!!!!!
    Mods:

OK Mr. Impatient! haha j/k I was actually planning on updating my progress today anyways.

Well, I am roughly 40% done with the 2nd headlight. From some minor mistakes with the 1st headlight I decided to do things a little different. 1st off, since I am now aware of the cutoff that is associated with projectors, I made sure and put at LOT of time in to getting the projector lined perfectly. I also spent more time fine tuning the cutout on the galant housing so that the modified housing with the projector would line up much better than before. Once everything was good to go I used the 2 part epoxy to solidify the position of the project/reflector. Because of the better lineup on the housings, I was able to get a very good seal with the epoxy, covering almost 80% of the joining surfaces of the housings. this will make for a very strong foundation and bond.

I then decided to install the HID kid, since this required taking the projector off and rewiring the back a little. Once that was complete and I got the projector mounted back on and then took the housing out to my car to test for the level cutoff, which it was very good, and to align the projector. Now that I have the projector where I want it, tomorrow I will modify the bezels and get those epoxied based of the projector position now. Then tomorrow I will do my bondo work, and depending how that all goes, I just may end up finishing up tomorrow. If anything I will EASILY achieve my goal of being done by this weekend, so I'm stoked to being close to having these ready to go on my car.

And for those of you wanting to see cutoff pictures, I'll get that when everything is done. I don't have a good place on my house to get a picture like that so I'll take it somewhere when I'm done. For now, heres a little picture of the housings epoxied and the HID installed.

Question though, actually pertaining to the mounting of the HID ballasts....

Would some 3M double-sided tape be good enough for mounting or do that ballasts get hot enough to undo that?

i used 3m on mine never a issue...try to keep them mounted away from where alot water might hit them.
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    yea not regular double side tape but the bady panel tape works great

ok cool, I believe that is what I picked up actually. thanks you guys

So close!

Well, here ya go.... 2 completed headlights converted to dual halo projector/reflector headlights with HID 6000k H3's in the projectors!!!

After all this time, its FINALLY almost done.... I say almost because they are still not on my car and once I get them on my car, I still need to tap in to the parking lights for the halos, but thats nothing after all the work I've already done!

So here ya go, here's a picture of the 2 completed heads side by side, and once I get them put on my car I'll get some more pics for you guys! Hope you like em, and thanks to everyone (way to many to list) that have helped me out and offered suggestions along the way!!

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    i wouldnt tap the halos to the parking light i personally would wire them to a toggle switch

just out of curiosity, why not?

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by airborneparainf82 View Post
    just out of curiosity, why not?

Cause if you have your parking lights on all the time (like i do) then you will burn your LEDs out faster.

Need some paint or bodywork done in Chicagoland or NW Indiana???.. http://www.alsautobodyexperts.com/

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast