The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Anyone know?

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

Anyone know?

I have a friend that just bought rims for his '06 Eclipse and i was wondering if anyone knows what the bolt pattern is for the '06 Eclipse? He had the stock 18s.

I am hoping that i will be able to put these on my 02 G 2.4. He will give them to me and let me make payments to him (pretty cheap too).
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

yes get them.. ur lucky
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

Hell yeah! Thats what i was hoping for! Maybe this will make up for my wife spending all that money and making me miss ASTIG's sale!

shit... i'll trade u my powder coated black rims for thouse 18's, i have some brand new goodyear eagles....

i75.photobucket.com/albums/i310/guynlidia2006/05-25-08_1140.jpg[/IMG]
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

Mods:

they will fit. just make sure u get the factory lug nuts.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Test fit them, the wheels are not an issue, but the tires are much taller that what a 8G fits.

Factory 18" wheels on the 4G Eclipse is 235/45R18. Thats 26.32" tall. They should fit, but I'd recommend selling the tires and buying the correct size 225/40R18 or alternate 215/45R18.

MJ2002
    ye, get the right rating because you will burn these tires very quick if you have unbalance measurements!

Quote Originally Posted by MJ2002 View Post
    ye, get the right rating because you will burn these tires very quick if you have unbalance measurements!
    what are u talking about? i don't see the connection between a tire's rating and its measurements and those two combined determines how quickly you wear a tire down.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    i think i remember someone having them on their 8g and while the front it ok, the rear fender will have to be rolled and have a spacer or the stock tires will rub on the inside.

AAARRRRGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, it turns out that my friend IS keeping his stock rims for the winters that we have. He said that he didnt want salt to get on his new rims. I told him not to be a pussy and sell me his fucking rims! Lets just say i am still rolling on steelies! LOL!!! Oh well! Back to the search!

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    well ur looking to buy wheels anyway, rims are on a bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Serstylz2 View Post
    well ur looking to buy wheels anyway, rims are on a bike.
    OK, I've seen a few people repeating this since I think Ray posted it, but it's all a bunch of poppycock! It's commonly accepted to call a wheel a rim. If you want to be exact, then yes it is a wheel and not a rim. The rim is the barrel of the wheel where the tire sits in... still talking about cars here. Who cares about a bike, but I'm sure bikes are the same... they have wheels and the barrel is the rim.

Technically speaking, its wheels on everything including bikes. But DanJ is correct the common terminology, its widely accepted that you can call 'wheels' 'rims' or vice versa. Its kind of like calling a car a 'whip', 'ride', its an automobile to be wholly accurate, but slang is allowed and commonly accepted.

Thanks. I thought everyone was down with the lingo, but i guess some are still behind the curve. Dont worry. Some day you too will be hip and cool!

J/K

Its all good. Some people dont like slang. Too each his own!