The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Customized intake....

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Customized intake....

yesterday while talkin to other members.. we came up wit dis idea to put a intercooler wit the two pipes customized goin to the inake... i kept thinking about it and was thinkin.. i bet its possible wit a lil bit of mods here and there.. but id do after i get my body kit.. tween the Initial V or Shogun like chromegalant's . i know many of u konw bout our engine a lot mroe than me.. what yall think? is it a possible job or not? would it be worth it?
    Diego

It's already been done. There's a company that makes an intake that looks like an intercooler. It's been discussed here, and the conclusion is it's pure rice...a fake intercooler and a not very effective intake either. I'm sure someone will remeber the posts about this and post a link for you to examine for yourself.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'>It's already been done. There's a company that makes an intake that looks like an intercooler. It's been discussed here, and the conclusion is it's pure rice...a fake intercooler and a not very effective intake either. I'm sure someone will remeber the posts about this and post a link for you to examine for yourself.</div>

UMM i rem looking thought some catalog,, i think it was jc whitney,, i need intake like that for honda,,,,if i am wrong someone correct it for me,, let me look around,,, see if i can find piccc

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

ok here is some,, pic,, is that what he is talking about

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

i see what he's saying a different way. have things set up like a turbo, minus the turbo. cone filter to pipe to intercooler to pipe to MAS and then to the TB. in theory that does sound kinda good. get it cooled down b4 it goes into the TB but then u also got to think about how things aren't forced like with a turbo. so yea your car would have to suck the air thru the maze of the intercooler. kinda like drinking thru a silly straw.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

SuperchargedGTZ
    hope you dont run into any water :scary:

TGC Regular
    u want an intercooler minus the turbo?

http://visracing.com/k-aerocooler.htm

there u go LOL. i kinda find it funny that VIS is selling this, and i've never seen this "intercooler effect" kit anywhere else

pure rice, no show, no go

(there's a dark green integra in my neighborhood w/ this kit)
    Your signature is too long.

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    I've seen guyz with it and the amount of crap that builds up on the fron f that thing is ridiculous.. i wouldnt use it, unless i got it for free..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.