The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Clueless why my jdm fogs wont accept my hids? Help plz

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19

Clueless why my jdm fogs wont accept my hids? Help plz

I put plenty of regular headlight hids on cars and its very easy. But i cant get these stupid fogs to work, anybody know what im doing wrong??? I tried everything i can think of nothing worked maybe you have to rewire it a certain way im guessing?

00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    ha ha, i had a similar problem when i was installing mine took me a while to figure out but basically you have to splice in the ground wire that is on the inside of the foglight as well, cut it in the middle...then have the female connector go to its stock place and add in a new female connector...something like that i will check again for you later when i stop by my car

hope that helped for now though, basically you have to keep the small stock wire to its mounting point and wire it into that

gimme two secs bro... ill take a quick pic of what i think u mean..
    13 GTR

is this what u mean? Thanks man

13 GTR

for mines i just plug it and that its

JDM front covension Old style vr4,18"axis black seven mod,clifford alarm,egr rear window visor,kenwood unit 7"screen DVD,two tones paint job,3G strut bar , HID's.

basically yes from what i can see in the pic... although i remember having to splice into the middle of that wire using a female connector and from that, you plug the hid bulb ground in

i tried to do what i think your talking about yet no luck..

if one of u guys dont mind, can u make a quick drawing in paint?
    Last edited by IceDouTGaLanT; 07-16-2008 at 04:43 PM
    13 GTR

Experienced TGC Member
    IDK if this will help or not but when i got my HID kit it didnt work. SO i emailed the guy and he told me i had to switch the pos and neg.......... Just my .02 other then that. IDK whats going on with your setup and i wish you luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow19 View Post
    IDK if this will help or not but when i got my HID kit it didnt work. SO i emailed the guy and he told me i had to switch the pos and neg.......... Just my .02 other then that. IDK whats going on with your setup and i wish you luck.
    I gave my friend my HID's when i got a new kit and he had to do the same, he switched out the pos and neg and it worked. hopefully that works. try switching ballasts also and see if you have a bad ballast.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

ok the stock plastic cap you do not need, i was refering to the male stock ground on the back of teh actual headlight, you can rip off that plug on the back of the cap and frill a hole to stick in that rubber seal from the hid bulb

i did a little paint diagram for you hope it helps , you are sort of in the right track though

i

theya re correct though it is possible that the polarities on the bulb are reverse labeled, after wiring it up right, if it doesnt work try switching the wires and see if that works

Thanks guys, yea craig your way was correct. but like drone n shadow said it was the fucking wires!!! lol the negative was blue wtf and the pos was black coming out the ballast.. thanks alot guys i really appreciate all the help
    13 GTR

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    No idea bro, whish I could help you out.

cool glad i could help and you got it working, sometimes with the cheaper hids they put the wrong colors

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    so whats the Hid bulb size we can put on ^^ vr-4 fogs? can we put hids too on the corner side? :)

H3-vr4, might be able to put fogs on corners not sure

from this lightput...

To this..

Now I need to make sure their level at night..
    Last edited by IceDouTGaLanT; 07-16-2008 at 09:42 PM
    13 GTR

yea the fogs are h3's, the corners can take hids but i wouldnt use it as a blinker, they will just blow if you want to use them as dual fogs or something then it would take some rewireing and you would have to figure a way to hold the bulb in place

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    nice,