The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: car alarm going off!!!

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    creativ73

car alarm going off!!!

Anybody have this problem or have a remedy or suggestion? I have a '00 Galant V-6 and last week on a Friday, my car alarm started going off for no reason. I went out and turned it off and it happened again. Then, it happened twice more that i know of when I came out of some stores. So, now it's a week later and I haven't had a problem until today. It went off once more for no reason. What the heck?

umm factory alarm or aftermarket?

Is it the whole alarm with the lights blinking, etc. or is it just the horn blowing?
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

if its a factory alarm, chances are the hood switch is slightly bent. A small wind blowing on it would set it off.

you can bend the hood switch up slightly, or shim it up slightly.

either will probably fix your problem.

creativ73
    It's the factory alarm and it's as if I hit the panic button or something. The lights are flashing and the is honking.

I don't have an alarm, but one time for no reason ( and only one time) my horn started honking, and it honked twice and rthen it never did it again

Mom to Krystal, Joey and Peyton

creativ73
    Thanks, I'll try bending the hood switch, but where do I find it and what does it look like?

front corner of the hood (dont remember if its right or left on a galant.).

Its just a small, black, rubber coated push button switch.

Note that i am ONLY referring to a factory alarm, here. If its aftermarket, youre on your own.

It's on the left...drivers side.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.