The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: JDM heads and tails problem

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

JDM heads and tails problem

This is the jdm head i ordered from depo autolights. anyone know what the brass bracket, hanging off of the projecter is?

other pics

2002 Mits Galant ES

Check it out.
    http://www.myspace.com/shaft101

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    aah, another 20/03 with jdm headlights on a stock bumper.

i cant help you out though cus i have the 1 piece heads.

f.y.i. your going to have to trim your nose grill inserts if you plan on keeping them.

that bar holds the little 194 bulb, its like a running bulb or city light. you can hook it up to a switch or your parklights or fogs. its not something you need.

TeamDreamSpeed / PizzaBoy
    Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    I can't believe a meet never happening all because I or James is not gonna be present. What kind of crap is that? Since when was G-spot and Silver01G heart and soul of TGCTX?

so its safe to just cut it off?
    2002 Mits Galant ES

Check it out.
    http://www.myspace.com/shaft101

Looks to me like its the wiring for the angel eye insert on the high beam (inner non-projector) headlamp.

So no, I wouldn't cut it off. Is it giving you some problem during install?

Quote Originally Posted by krispy03 View Post
    aah, another 20/03 with jdm headlights on a stock bumper.

i cant help you out though cus i have the 1 piece heads.

f.y.i. your going to have to trim your nose grill inserts if you plan on keeping them.
    You will still need to modify the headlight or radiator support to allow flush fitment also.

Are you sure Red? Look closely, the running light has solid grey and a solid black wire, that bar is susposed to be inside the housing so the wire would come out directly from the back of the outside housing which would connect to a plug that sets at the bottom of the outside. if you notice the wires for the projects/halos are just white. And by the looks of it the white wires looks to be for the halos. Arty_ Harvy is what im saying true do the wires that that bar have connected to a plug inbetween the high and low on the outside? my running wires are brown and black solids. its not something you need since you cant place it anywhere. i dont know why they sent it like that?
    Last edited by silver01g; 06-22-2008 at 02:52 AM

I can't believe a meet never happening all because I or James is not gonna be present. What kind of crap is that? Since when was G-spot and Silver01G heart and soul of TGCTX?

im guessing thats a type of ground or something for the halos, my jdm lights didnt have that brass thing on them. if u dont want the halos then im sure u could get rid of the brass bracket thing. i couldnt cut it, it should be screwed on somewhere
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

do i have to take pictures for yall?

Quote Originally Posted by silver01g View Post
    do i have to take pictures for yall?
    Being that most people never ran the 2pc JDM heads its probably a good idea to see how they are wired, especially if they are different from the JDM 1pc heads.

im sure the 1pc have it, cause i installed King8g's 1pc and his had it. but i will take some pictures tomorrow. i guess it just different versions.

I have citylights in my 1 piece JDM heads. That looks like it is for the citylights just like silver01g said. Except it's not where it belongs. it should be mounted in the lower portion of the low beam area. And you would screw the bulb into it, and then lock it into the hole that it sits in. Its not a 194 bulb, its a ba9s or something like that. Could it be cut off. Prolly, not sure. Looks like it was removed from where it belongs so the projector could be installed
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Should be the city lights i had the 2 pieces and im pretty sure i had that

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar22 View Post
    im guessing thats a type of ground or something for the halos, my jdm lights didnt have that brass thing on them. if u dont want the halos then im sure u could get rid of the brass bracket thing. i couldnt cut it, it should be screwed on somewhere
    it looked like a ground to me too
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

i have city lights, they are wired up too. but that bracket is not there, it looks like all the other plugs it doesnt stand out like that
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

did yours come with the bulbs. mine didnt have that brass thing
    Lamar Gilmore

sorry didnt know the actual size of the bulb i was told you could use a 194 if you wanted to change it to a hyper white. but here are the photos, i hope this could clear things up. went to wash the car just got my rims back from polish. but the camera i use sucks so please forgive the photos but this is the best i could do.

[IMG

yup. Those are exactly what mine look like
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

what did you ever do to it and what happened
    Lamar Gilmore