The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 95 galant 2.5 SOHC, won't start

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    tomgiii

95 galant 2.5 SOHC, won't start

Ok, heres the story, the car is not mine, but my sisters b-friends. He drove it on a saturday no problems, didn't touch it sunday and on monday it would not start, they brought it to my garage, I noticed the very ver very old looking wires, cap, roter and plugs, all original and it has 140K on it LOL, but I replaced them with new plugs, cap rotor, wires and i even replaced the leaky valve cover gasket. There is spark and everything, timing is good and so is compression, it is getting fuel and air, but the stubborn thing still will not start, any suggestions, or related experiances, maybe a suggestion? I am thinking it is computer related but do not want them to spend the money on a computer for that not to be the problem. What I am lookign for here is has anyone had a simular experience or does someone know of something else I should check first... Thanks

HiperSilver
    Make sure there is spark, make sure the timing is correct.

Check the plugs to see if they are wet, that will say if u got fuel, double check compression, pull the ecu and check it out, maybee get a junkyard ecu and use it. battery, could be a buncha shit.

tomgiii
    Every thing is where it shoul be, spark, timing, battey was charge 24 hours just in case and still will not run.... And I am possitive it is getting fuel when I pulled the plugs I had him turn it over before I pulles the injector plugs off, there was plenty if mist fuel to sniff LOL. I was thinking it was the coil till I replace the plugs, wires, and cap and rotor, then I was getting a real nice spark from all the plugs. I am thinking it may be the cam sensor or something like that, but do not want to commit to it for sure, I am trying to see if anyone has gone thru a similar experience and see what thier solution was.....

HiperSilver
    start from the source, they battery, make sure it is ok, check the fuses and relays, then after everything is fine. You have good spark on all plugs, and you have good fuel pressure, check your ECU, it could be that, but i dotn see how the cam sensro would go bad. could be faulty valves, could be anything, but first check your electrical, ecu and all taht, then pull of th head see whats up.

luxcrusr2000
    I had that same thing happen to my '91 Galant. The car was in the shop for several days while the mechanic checked the fuel, belts, electrical, etc. I finally got the ECU out of the car and had it checked, turns out a couple of diodes were fried and I had to replace the ECU. I'm not sure if that same problem exists with the 7G. :?