The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Dropped the G

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Dropped the G

got the drop done..im very happy with the outcome..only thing i didnt get was the camber cause their prices were to much..so i wanted to ask yall if it is dangerous driving without camber for say a week or two?..and should i roll the fenders as a precaution..will take better pics later havent washed the G in a while
    Attached Images Attached Images

Experienced TGC Member
    Without correcting the rear camber you will wear away the inside of the tire, its not dangerous but it can be expensive. If you got the correct offset wheels you shouldn't rub with the camber corrected. Looks good
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

looks good bro. what springs and what size are your wheels?

by the way, I demand daytime pics!
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Experienced TGC Member
    Im gonna say 18"s with megan racing springs
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteGalant View Post
    Im gonna say 18"s with megan racing springs

haha wow you must've ready my thought haha..but yeah thats what im riding on..and yes daytime pics soon dont worry

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Looks good. You will be ok for couple of weeks, wont hurt anything. Just get that rear camber kit or you will pay more to have the rear tires replaced.

my camber is -2.5 in the rear and I've replaced tires twice. unless you are autocrossing or throwing the car around corners I would correct the camber so you wont eat through tires.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    Looks good. You will be ok for couple of weeks, wont hurt anything. Just get that rear camber kit or you will pay more to have the rear tires replaced.

the mechanics said i need camber in the left front too?...i was like you sure cause evertime i hear you guys speak on camber it always the back..also on the camber is the eclipse one swappable?

You should do some research and find out what camber is, or at least speak as if it wasn't an object.

only thing i didnt get was the camber
    if it is dangerous driving without camber
    Not trying to be a dick, just helping you out so when you do talk about camber, you don't sound like a tool. Like the others have said, its not dangerous. You will only prematurely wear your tires.

I'm dropped, and I haven't installed a camber kit. I really don't care if I chew through my tires. I work part time at a Goodyear and can get new tires when I need them. And since I dropped my car, I haven't worn through any tires in over 2 years.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Experienced TGC Member

new pics..finally washed the g after 4 weeks lol...check it out
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by 8g831 View Post
    the mechanics said i need camber in the left front too?...i was like you sure cause evertime i hear you guys speak on camber it always the back..also on the camber is the eclipse one swappable?
    Every vehicle is different, some may need camber adjustment in the rear only, some in the front only, some both. Just depends on how each vehicle was built, or lived its life. As in accidents, vehicle damage, potholes, curbs, etc...

My guess, it was most likely out of camber in the front BEFORE you lowered it.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    nice G i like those wheels

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    looking good bro real good im thinking of going out there pretty soon ill hit u up and my cous too so all 3 of us can meet up
    03 I4