The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: whining

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    jlfisher360

whining

Ive searched the forum, but i cant find anyone with the same problem as me. When I start my car after it has sat a while, it makes a whining noise but then stops once i put it in gear. Timing belt maybe?

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    well my cars engine whines and grinds (so do some others ive talked to) until the fluids get to the right temp.

Mine has recently started doing the same exact thing. I have noticed though that is always makes a sound like a cricket constantly, but its a lot lower in sound than the initial start up. When I started the car up after sitting since Monday night this morning, I thought someone was being murdered under my hood thats how loud it was. Went away as soon as I backed out of my spot and shifted to drive. Any advice would be appreciated.

i was told by the dealer that it is just until the fluids warm up. but who knows

mine does the same thing. has for a while. runs great otherwise.

jlfisher360
    Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant View Post
    i was told by the dealer that it is just until the fluids warm up. but who knows
    It might be im starting it cold in cold weather.

its takes time for the oil to get to the belts and what not...could be a bad belt thats going out..could be loose tension needs to be tightend..really easy..DIY or take it to ur mechanic and get it tighten real qucik if u dont no where to tight at...my car does the same thing also when the air is turned on also could be the AC belt just get the belts replace..DIY cost u 10 bucks at autozone

Quote Originally Posted by jlfisher360 View Post
    It might be im starting it cold in cold weather.
    no becuase it does it in 100 degree weather too. but once its running for 3-4 min it stops

jlfisher360
    i guess this is one of those mysterious galant problems nobody knows anything about