The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2K2 cut out grill inserts

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 32 of 32
    ewgiii
    i am the proud owner of a 2002 and i couldn't agree more. I hate the grill on my car. The only way i see fixing it is installing a 99 grill on it when i get a kit put on. I simply hate it.

BlaqueOut
    Man I kinda like it, but yea, I think its too deep. What I was thinking was covering the whole peice...no tjust put the mesh behind it, but iono. With yours I just think it needs to be pulled infront of those two black box looking things towards the inside. But iono...i think Im going to work with it when it gets warmer.

99-01 grille all the way!!!! Have you noticed 02 are copying the Diamante....?
    2001 Galant ES I4
    Injen RD CAI
    Kamikaze Headers
    Brospeed Prosport Muffler
    Brembo X-drilled/Slotted Rotors
    Progress Springs
    KYB AGX Adjustables
    Racing X Headlights
    Smoked Tails
    Custom Grill
    Titanium Limo Tint
    MOMO Shift Knob
    Tenzo R Mean-6 18"
    JBL 600.1
    2 JL 12W3 D4 in topfire custom box

My ride: http://photos.yahoo.com/nrg_neo

I like the 2002 Front end..

I actually like how it turned out with the mesh.. one question, could you not trim the inside corners? Where it looks like a little bit of the plastic is sticking out?

Other than that.. very nice!
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChromeGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>I like the 2002 Front end.. Â*

I actually like how it turned out with the mesh.. one question, could you not trim the inside corners? Where it looks like a little bit of the plastic is sticking out?

Other than that.. very nice!</div>

Nope you can't cut that out because thats the part that connects to the car .
    Chapin y Boriqua que mezcla

The grill looks good man...did you coat the mesh with any kinda paint to prevent.....like waring, rusting stuff like that?
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lazarus)</div><div class='quotemain'>The grill looks good man...did you coat the mesh with any kinda paint to prevent.....like waring, rusting stuff like that?</div>

Yea, a few coats of black paint and a clear coat on top of that.
    Chapin y Boriqua que mezcla

TGC Regular
    If you have to ask, then you don't need to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilhuly
    Thought for the day - Ass holes and opinions - everyone's got one.
    ...AND THEY ALL STINK!. :ass: anyway, I have and 2003 and didn't know until recently that the 2002's have the same grill. I think its a terrible grill and I can't believe that they continued it to the 2003's. God damn them man, they had a good thing going with the previous years, and for some fuckin reason the designers got a hair up their ass and decided "hey, lets change the look, just because thats what i feel like doing today." At first, i was just "thinking" about getting a bodykit, and now i know i have to because i can't stand to live with that front grill for the life of the car. Thats insane that i feel this way about my own damn car! Everything else, bodywise is good, the only other complaint i have is how little the steering column will "tilt". Damn, im 6'4" and i have to have the steering wheel all the way up, the seat lowered all the way, and then pushed back about 3/4 of the way just to fit comfortably. thats all, just got to vent.

...U N D E A D...

Tiptronic
    looks good. great work

man i like what you did to your grill but,, i like my 02 grill sometimes not all the time,, i will rather get 99 grill if i had choice

damn this post is old

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

TGC Regular
    If you have to ask, then you don't need to know.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(K h O p A r I)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    damn this post is old</div>

yeah, its old but i just got my car two month ago and im just looking thru all the posts for the 8g. some pretty good ideas i have to say.

...U N D E A D...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(knightriderXXX)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(K h O p A r I)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    damn this post is old</div>

yeah, its old but i just got my car two month ago and im just looking thru all the posts for the 8g. some pretty good ideas i have to say.</div>

yea i like your idea,, not like other newbie,, just post damn Q,, u are lookign DEEP,, i got give u mad props

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12