The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How do you shave emblems/And change grill

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
    JSTATL

How do you shave emblems/And change grill

I want to remove all my emblems but i'm not sure how to do it. Need help and suggestions on how to do this. Also how hard is it to customize the grill on a 01 galant. I want to take the teeth out and put a mesh it there place.

Re: How do you shave emblems/And change grill

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JSTATL)</div><div class='quotemain'>I want Â*to remove all my emblems but i'm not sure how to do it.</div>

umm get a blow dryer and warm it up and it should come out w/o paints,, or you can also do it with Dental flose...

oh yea about the grill here is the post look there

http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10577

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

just get a blowdryer, apply the hot air to the emblem t warm up the glue sticking the embllem on the car, then pull the emblem off all the way!!!

then get some bug & tar remover and spray it on to take all the extra adhesive residue left on your ride!!! - now, the triple diamond is different, its not glued on!!

as for the custom grill, well do a search - -------------------^^^use the search tool up there in the right corner!!
    Semper Fi'

fuckin kho - - u beat me to it, huh, yo!! -
    Semper Fi'

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KinGAzteK02LA)</div><div class='quotemain'>fuckin kho - Â*- u beat me to it, huh, yo!! -</div>

yo this was my first Q,, when i first got here,,, and u were the first one to reply back,, here is the link

http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php...ighlight=#49937

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

and i still didnt do that yet,, lazy as helll

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

i hear ya -

do it, looks much cleaner imo - takes but a couple minutes!!
    Semper Fi'

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KinGAzteK02LA)</div><div class='quotemain'>i hear ya Â*- Â* Â*

do it, looks much cleaner imo - takes but a couple minutes!!</div>

man i am need fucking huge,, blower for here,, its still cold down here in jersey,,,

well dont go OFf Topic,, yo Chipp is here,, he will get mad,,, :evil:

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

you don't need a blow dryer. just park the car out in the sun for a while and that bad boy should rip off when u pull on it hard. all except for the triple diamond. another way is to park it in the sun and floss the emblems out. just like ur flossing ur teeth. get some fishing line or thin string to do it. the triple diamond you can is not only held on with adhesive but with two pins. open the trunk, remove the lil retainer for the pins. cut thru the adhesive (flossin) and pull that bad boy off.

as for the leftover adhesive. i just rubbed it off with my fingers. car wax and some elbow grease will do the same. and if worse comes to worse, there are products out there that they sell at autoparts store, walmart, etc that is used to remove adhesive. just make sure the one u get doesn't have negative effects with ur paint.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

No Blowdryer.. I just ripped the crap off..
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChromeGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>No Blowdryer.. I just ripped the crap off..</div>

well see chrome,, its you,, you Army Catzz dont go easy,, hahah

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

either way, either way - u rip it off, u got more residue to take off, u heat it, it all comes off together except for a few dots of residue!!

do it whichever way u want - i heat it that sona bitch though
    Semper Fi'

I just did mine in the hot summer sun, and used dental flossed and sawed that shit off, and rolled the residue off with my fingers

Mom to Krystal, Joey and Peyton

I just pulled it off. I remeber a story about someone. I don't know if it was TOC or someone else but they shaved there emblems even before they left the dealership.

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

Thanks Kho

As far as the stickey scrap.. yeah, I just rubbed away with my left finger while I had a nice cold beer in the other hand...
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawzcc
    I just pulled it off. I remeber a story about someone. I don't know if it was TOC or someone else but they shaved there emblems even before they left the dealership.
    that was reelax. i remember his story. he bought it the day b4 and when he came to pick it back up he shaved the emblems. one of the other salespersons got mad at him for shaving them, then the salesguy found out it was reelax's car already hehe.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.