The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Alignment?

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
    delo

Alignment?

Got new tires in the front. Got a much needed alignment or so i thought. before i got new tires i needed an alignment but i knew the reason. had 2 slightly different size tires on the front. so i got new tires (same size) and got an alignment. but the ride still drifts to one side. why is that? thought with the new tires and alignment the car would ride straight. HELP :x :x :x

did they re-balance ur rims?

delo
    i hope the did. i saw rebalance on the receipt. the guy at the tire place did say that one of the rims was bent. i guess thats the reason. wonder if they sell just one rim. know of a place?

alot of places sell used rims here in queens, and im sure alot more in the BX they do sell them one by one, and u can also get the bent one fixed and keep as a spare and have the 5 Rims so if u get a flat u still got a rim to put on

was the car ever in an accident?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

delo
    naw the car wasn't in an accident. except with three or four craters (potholes) :x gonna check out a rim shop for the one rim. hope they have the same ones i already got. but will try to fix the one i have first.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Well usually when i get an alignment I get both front and back done electronically(not that bullshit with the string and rod stick most shops do).
    that will probably work for u, but if your rim is bent. You can try to fix it at Dunns Auto Sports loc. 225th&Bronxwood Avenue or u can go to TG Auto Sports loc. on 213th and Boston Rd.(rim shop on the corner) He will most likely have your replacement rim or he can make u a replacement. Just so happens that most of the rims in his shop are his design. Go in there and ask for the owner(Short stumpy chinese guy smoking a ciggarette) and he will be able to help you.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

delo
    I thought that since the ride is front wheel drive all i needed was the front wheel alignment. isnt that right. this week gonna try TG sports on boston road to see what he can do for me. thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by delo
    I thought that since the ride is front wheel drive all i needed was the front wheel alignment. isnt that right. this week gonna try TG sports on boston road to see what he can do for me. thanks again.
    the rear wheels need to get aligned too. not as important as the front but still needed. since the rear wheels can wear down the tires too and maybe cause the rear end to drift

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

all you are wrong

:twisted: Im the alignment guy for sears auto the drifting is probably due to road crown which means the road is crowned so when it rains it bring the water to the side walk how was your caster reading if it was good your ok if its bad your shit out of luck galants dont have caster adjustment the rear is as imoprtant as the front because when you adjust rear toe the front go by the rear and will not dog track go to sears its only 54.99 for all four wheels and they give you a print ou and 6 months warranty any questions about fr end or alignment PM me :twisted:

IllestGalant
    caster does not effect wander,

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    :?: :?: :?: :arrow: confused

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

delo
    so am I. what did he just say?

IllestGalant

Re: all you are wrong

Quote Originally Posted by 95vegasgalant
    :twisted: Im the alignment guy for sears auto the drifting is probably due to road crown which means the road is crowned so when it rains it bring the water to the side walk how was your caster reading if it was good your ok if its bad your shit out of luck galants dont have caster adjustment the rear is as imoprtant as the front because when you adjust rear toe the front go by the rear and will not dog track go to sears its only 54.99 for all four wheels and they give you a print ou and 6 months warranty any questions about fr end or alignment PM me :twisted:
    if a car is drifting all over the road, caster won't change it, only toe and camber will.

:twisted: didnt he say driting to one side and by the way I got the illest

IllestGalant
    poop