The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: will a evo 4 engine fit the 8th gen galants ??

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

will a evo 4 engine fit the 8th gen galants ??

hi there guys i was just wondering if u guys knew if a evo 4 engine will fit in a 8th gen japanese spec galant my galant came manual allready i'm just swapping to a evo engine i got for free any advice and we're can i get parts for the evo 4 engine thanks for any advice welcome
    MITSUBISHI GALANT 4 LIFE TRUE PERFORMANCE

evo 4-8 fits

u have a jdm galant?? what engine did it bring stock

Drive, Dream, Drift.
    Drift ALL DAY

oo my bad i didnt read that correctly, but i seen some 8th gens using a 4g based engine, so therefore the evo 4-8 engines will fit

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    or sence u got it for free u can send it to me! and ill pay u for it.. i always thought the evo4 engine was belts mounted on the other side no?

hmmm i will need to post pic of my car so u would believe

actually my galant is jdm specs in what lights and things go and the front bumper but the engine is 4g93carburated manual gearbox and my build year states it was build in 1997 i'm not making this up i'm going to take pics so u guys can see it for urself and remember my car came stock with the vr-4 black housing dual light bulbs headlight and chrome grill
    the chassis plate reads manf.year 1997 and do not forget my car is lefthaddrive not like japanese right hand don't ask me how my island dealer pulled this off

the 8 gen was sold on my island till 2006 wich came with the vr-4 front bumper too and vr-4 lights

if u have a 4g93, teh evo4-8 motors will drop in, u gotta worry about rewiring, etc but it'll def fit

Quote Originally Posted by GALANT4U View Post
    actually my galant is jdm specs in what lights and things go and the front bumper but the engine is 4g93carburated manual gearbox and my build year states it was build in 1997 i'm not making this up i'm going to take pics so u guys can see it for urself and remember my car came stock with the vr-4 black housing dual light bulbs headlight and chrome grill
    the chassis plate reads manf.year 1997 and do not forget my car is lefthaddrive not like japanese right hand don't ask me how my island dealer pulled this off

the 8 gen was sold on my island till 2006 wich came with the vr-4 front bumper too and vr-4 lights
    a left hand drive jdm?? interestin

Drive, Dream, Drift.
    Drift ALL DAY

Sounds like a european model. Either way welcome to TGC.

pics

here's 2 pics i have on hand right now i'm going to change it i have got the dolphin aeroform bumper allready and the liberal grill so there are going to be changes in the next two month
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned
    your current VRG with extended lip bumper already looks nice. what are you gonna do with that?

hmmmmm

just need to rebuild the front i wrecked the whole front bumper only no damages to the chassis itself just torn apart the front bumper

i'm just going to put the dolphin aeroform with the liberal and carbon evohood and trunk and of course the evo4 swap