The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2002-03 front bumper...

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    99GalantOn18s

2002-03 front bumper...

i was thinkin of tryin somethin new... i have a 99 8g, its black... i f'ed up my front bumper... its still on and all but if i take off the bra the bumper might come off too lol... i did the grill to my car... cut out the slits and painted it black and put mesh on it... but i really like my grill... but if i could find a 2002-2003 bumper i can get my friend to cut the nose thingy in the middle off... i like how the new 2002+ have the big grill in the bottom... mine looks like a checker board... i wanna modify the front bumper from the new galants with my 99 grill... add something like z3 fenders or a vent scoop on the side... and put a jcautobody wind splitters and it'll look like that silver galant from sweden or something with the jdm bumper thats floatin around... i think i have that pic on my cp... so tell me what u guys think... i can get the bumper molded, painted, and installed for $300... oh yeah the reason i'm not gettin a body kit is because i wanna drop my car cause theres too much space... the roads in downsouth georgia on the coast suck... i would screw my car up if i dropped it and put a kit... i'd rather do something crazy...

the top of the 2003 bumper has a different curve at the upper grill. sounds like a project involving lots of bondo. it should work tho...

99GalantOn18s

hmm...

i talked to the guy thats gunna do my front bumper installation... he told me that the bumper for a 94-97 accord is the same size... there will have to be a piece shaved... does anyone in here know anyone that has done this mod?! there r so many kits for an accord its crazy... i figure the only thing is mountin the kit... what do u guys think?! theres proberly like 20 kits for that car... i dont want a super low or futuristic one... i'm actually lookin at the skyline R34 or something simple but different... someone also told me that the bumpers from the 97 240sx is about the same size too... if they r about the same size then it would be help of a lot easier for installation... i'm leanin on either customizin a stock 2002 bumper or gettin an accord bumper done... if anyone has heard of or seen a car with a bumper from another car which was fearly easy installation tell me, or if u have pics that'll do too...

TGC Regular
    If you have to ask, then you don't need to know.

Re: hmm...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(99GalantOn18s)</div><div class='quotemain'>i talked to the guy thats gunna do my front bumper installation... he told me that the bumper for a 94-97 accord is the same size... there will have to be a piece shaved... does anyone in here know anyone that has done this mod?! there r so many kits for an accord its crazy... i figure the only thing is mountin the kit... what do u guys think?! theres proberly like 20 kits for that car... i dont want a super low or futuristic one... i'm actually lookin at the skyline R34 or something simple but different... someone also told me that the bumpers from the 97 240sx is about the same size too... if they r about the same size then it would be help of a lot easier for installation... i'm leanin on either customizin a stock 2002 bumper or gettin an accord bumper done... if anyone has heard of or seen a car with a bumper from another car which was fearly easy installation tell me, or if u have pics that'll do too...</div>

WHY DONT YOU CHECK THESE OUT...

www.sarona.com

some nice stock front bumpers, not too futuristic. nice.

...U N D E A D...

those are all JDM spec bumpers. the JDM headlight and grill are shorter than US spec at the middle. you will need to have those trimmed a bit to fit where the grill and leadlights meet the bumper but nothing too hard.

Forget sarona.com, the two JDM kits you see do not include the bumpers, just the front and rear lips, and you will have to modify the lips to fit the US spec bumpers. I called Sarona a long time ago about that.

TGC Regular
    If you have to ask, then you don't need to know.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danger DANJ)</div><div class='quotemain'>Forget sarona.com, the two JDM kits you see do not include the bumpers, just the front and rear lips, and you will have to modify the lips to fit the US spec bumpers. I called Sarona a long time ago about that.</div>

aw damn dude, nevermind then. thanks.

...U N D E A D...