The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Wheel locks

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
    mitsu_sport

Wheel locks

Need help here .....! I lost my wheel lock's key (or whatever that's called). Now I have to replace a tire and they can't get the wheel off. Does anyone know if I can buy that key anywhere or would it be more complicated than that?

D03GTZ
    any reputable tire shop should have someone with an air hammer with chissel bit. itll take like 2 minutes and if he's good he wont scratch the wheel at all.
    I really dont think you can just buy the lock key, but give Mitsu dealership a call and see what they can do for you

mitsu_sport
    Thanks a lot man ! I'll run over to the local shop and see what they can do...

D03GTZ
    OR! if you feel real lucky, and have a chissel and a hammer you can do it yourself. but let them do it for you, thats what they get paid for
    peace

2 things. contact ur dealer or othe dealers that sell ur wheel locks. i know my speed shop sells keys for my wheel locks.

u might just want to go to the shop and see what they can do. who knows, they might have a key or know a non invasive way of getting the wheel locks off.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

D03GTZ
    what do you mean by invasive? its a little bit of a risky thing to do, but works just fine

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(D03GTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>what do you mean by invasive? its a little bit of a risky thing to do, but works just fine</div>

when my car was at the body shop, the shop had to take off my wheels. but the never told me or asked for the key. they just found something that looks like it would fit in the key hole and made it fit. and that was their new key. the lug nut stays in tact so u can put it back on (i needed special tuner lugs) its just that the keyhole doesn't work with the regular key. just works with that new custom key the shop made. of course the body shop made the key a lil short and scratched my rims but yea. if the key wasn't so short it woulda worked just fine. and o yea btw, the bosy shop replaced the rims and the locks hehe

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    On a lil side note, thats how guyz out here in the dirty steal rims, they get keys made and which everone fits, you just lost your rims.. LIke im my shop we have about 40 different types of keys for everykinda rimwheel lock you can think of.
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

D03GTZ
    I actually had almost a whole drawer of my side box filled with ALL different keys. I could almost never reuse any of the keys just once in a great while. I threw them all out though cuz I have to downsize because of my moving to Cali. Oh I bought a new box and wont be needing any of those keys on audis or vws anyway
    Oh Pinoy, when you cut the locks with air hammer, like i was saying, they MUST be replaced there will be no way to tighten them anymore.
    And damn right they better have replaced the rims if they screwed them up.
    ~

i didn't say anything about using an air hammer. i was just talking about getting a piece of metal. sticking it in the hole of the wheel lock and beat the shit out of the metal til it goes in the hole...

Good thing you only have to deal with one lock per wheel. My new locks are on every single lug, hehe. :mrgreen: And these are not like the puzzle keys or have any slots, LOL.

Anyone serious about protecting their wheels, I suggest the serialized locks from Gorilla called "The System".

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

D03GTZ
    actually there are special impact sockets that are meant to be used as how your saying. just pound them on and voila..

balln8g
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJC)</div><div class='quotemain'>Good thing you only have to deal with one lock per wheel. My new locks are on every single lug, hehe. :mrgreen: And these are not like the puzzle keys or have any slots, LOL.

Anyone serious about protecting their wheels, I suggest the serialized locks from Gorilla called "The System".</div>

Yup.....nothing better.

mitsu_sport
    Thanks guys !! I went over to the Mitsu dealership and they sold me a key for 14 bucks. I'm all set now......

Another question:
    If I go from 15" to 16" wheels, do I have to change my tie rods or anything else?

Tiptronic
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(D03GTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>any reputable tire shop should have someone with an air hammer with chissel bit. itll take like 2 minutes and if he's good he wont scratch the wheel at all. Â*
    I really dont think you can just buy the lock key, but give Mitsu dealership a call and see what they can do for you</div>

i agree here. good shops know what theyre doing