The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Post a pic as your car sits now....

Page 399 of 1457 FirstFirst ... 2993493893953963973983994004014024034094494998991399 ... LastLast
Showing results 7,961 to 7,980 of 29136
    Experienced TGC Member
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    if you wanna go in a straight line, yeah, but it'll affect putting the power down going through the curves, even with an LSD
    even then. if you're in the right RPM in the right gear, you will be okay traction wise. Considering you're talking about canyon carving. Now if it's on a really technical track, thats where a good tire compound and killer suspension set-up will play its place.

Maybe it's just me after all, I'm just a mechanic what do I know about racing.. probably nothing. I just work on cars.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

You probably know more about suspension than I do, just from personal experience in driving friends' cars with similar power with different drive train layouts, aka civic hatch and wrx, both with roughly 300 whp, and the difference is massive in when you can push the loud pedal all the way down in the canyons. Just my two cents.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

You probably know more about suspension than I do, just from personal experience in driving friends' cars with similar power with different drive train layouts, aka civic hatch and wrx, both with roughly 300 whp, and the difference is massive in when you can push the loud pedal all the way down in the canyons. Just my two cents.
    oh no, I didnt mean it to be pointed towards anyone. sorry.

I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    oh no, I didnt mean it to be pointed towards anyone. sorry.
    I know that, I was just giving my opinion on the topic, hopefully my response didn't sound hostile or anything. I guess we did have a pretty good discussion on drivetrain layout though lol
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

I know that, I was just giving my opinion on the topic, hopefully my response didn't sound hostile or anything. I guess we did have a pretty good discussion on drivetrain layout though lol
    yeah lol.

ok i guess i missed out on quite a lot. here are the little details about my car.
    that little object that djakay pointed out in red is my radiator overflow tank. i moved it to where the ac tank was. really well done if you ask me. ill get better pics of it when i get home from the desert. i moved also all the lighting components to the inside portion of the frame wall under the headlight. keeps away from debris and weather. as you all know, my car does make a great amount of torque but its not just a peaky kind of car. its very very usable and can pull out of corners even in higher gears. when i autocrossed it last it was before the cam swap and i was able to navigate the entire course in either second or third and fourth in some sections. the torque curve on this motor begins at around (get this) 2500rpm! thats why i keep saying its like a little v8. this thing on the track or in the canyons is an absolute blast and even hawks down evo's and sti's. both of the SCCA instructors that drove my car that day agreed that it was a very well setup sedan and handles like most coupes should. not to mention the brakes were steady, the power was there, and the suspension was predictable. the only thing they said about the car that could have been constructive criticism was the lack of power steering. they both, at different times, stated that the car would have keep up with the leaders (06 prepped STi, C6 corvette, and 99prepped 2.5RS with an STi power and drivetrain swap). that alone blew my mind but the fact that they liked it as much as they did made my day euphoric.

thanks guys for the compliments and the numbers should be coming very soon. im having my wife break it in while im gone and ill have her take it up to the dyno so the guys there can do it up for me. these will just be baseline numbers for it also since the tune on it is just for the break-in and is still quite reserved.

Looks good, get that power steering so you can keep up the vettes, and STIs. Also I see you have the same coilovers that I do.

yeah i bought the Kontrol Pro's while i was in Iraq earlier this year and when i came home and opened the box i almost didnt want to put them on because they were so gorgeous!

as far as the power steering goes, im going to make custom lines and even a custom aluminum res so it will actually look good in the engine bay. the stock shit just wouldnt fit right in this bay now.

Quote Originally Posted by boostzealot View Post
    ok i guess i missed out on quite a lot. here are the little details about my car.
    that little object that djakay pointed out in red is my radiator overflow tank. i moved it to where the ac tank was. really well done if you ask me. ill get better pics of it when i get home from the desert. i moved also all the lighting components to the inside portion of the frame wall under the headlight. keeps away from debris and weather. as you all know, my car does make a great amount of torque but its not just a peaky kind of car. its very very usable and can pull out of corners even in higher gears. when i autocrossed it last it was before the cam swap and i was able to navigate the entire course in either second or third and fourth in some sections. the torque curve on this motor begins at around (get this) 2500rpm! thats why i keep saying its like a little v8. this thing on the track or in the canyons is an absolute blast and even hawks down evo's and sti's. both of the SCCA instructors that drove my car that day agreed that it was a very well setup sedan and handles like most coupes should. not to mention the brakes were steady, the power was there, and the suspension was predictable. the only thing they said about the car that could have been constructive criticism was the lack of power steering. they both, at different times, stated that the car would have keep up with the leaders (06 prepped STi, C6 corvette, and 99prepped 2.5RS with an STi power and drivetrain swap). that alone blew my mind but the fact that they liked it as much as they did made my day euphoric.

thanks guys for the compliments and the numbers should be coming very soon. im having my wife break it in while im gone and ill have her take it up to the dyno so the guys there can do it up for me. these will just be baseline numbers for it also since the tune on it is just for the break-in and is still quite reserved.
    Impressive BJ! The Chassis we have has always been a stout chassis to build off of, and it handles great from the factory. If you measured it I'd bet you would be pulling near 1.00G on a skidpad.

thats the next plan. i want to take it to either of the tracks we have nearby and do the same tests as every sports magazine has done to get the figures i need.
    0-60
    80-0
    200ft skidpad
    slalom
    and some road coursing

wow.....no wonder you go corvette hunting! haha I'll have to personally check it out one day Bj ^.^
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

oh you will, we just have to get the time to drive somewhere for a meet. we should try to get all the members from your area and tgcut/gfut together somewhere along the drive between the two states. would make for a great part of a video and pic opportunities

i just updated my cardomain site. hit it up.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2135667

i just updated my cardomain site. hit it up.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2135667

fuck yea! now thats what I'm talkin about...take the 2 states by storm haha
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Quote Originally Posted by boostzealot View Post
    yeah i bought the Kontrol Pro's while i was in Iraq earlier this year and when i came home and opened the box i almost didnt want to put them on because they were so gorgeous!

as far as the power steering goes, im going to make custom lines and even a custom aluminum res so it will actually look good in the engine bay. the stock shit just wouldnt fit right in this bay now.
    I was the same way when I got mine, good luck on the custom power steering setup.

thanks, ive seen it done on an Evo before and really liked the way it came out. not to mention if i dont make it to MOD next year then the car still goes but i have to have it done otherwise the wife said she wont drive it that far. (she's 98lbs)

Proto
    So wheres the pictures? The entire damn page is nothing but people talking. Show pics!

ummm did u back track at all? how about page 397

Page 399 of 1457 FirstFirst ... 2993493893953963973983994004014024034094494998991399 ... LastLast