The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: seat covers? question

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
    ZiplokeR

seat covers? question

i wish i had the money for katzkins lether kit or bucket seats, but anyways i found this on ebay from the user called "dashcoverseatcover"

Does any1 think its worth it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999-...mZ300269353652

i dunno... fitment might not be great... be the tester for us and let us know..
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

Looks better than the other seat covers I have seen...as well as the set that I tore trying to make fit onto my car. Since somehow universal fit didn't include my Galant...

These look interesting, but looks like you have to do a little wrench work to make it happen. You have to take out the seats, etc in order to properly put these on, so they don't just slide on as the the universal fit type.

doesnt look bad, but damn, almost $200. I dunno how that compares to others, since Ive never looked in to these, but I dunno if I'd do it, but thats just me personally. If you like it, then shoot, see how the price compares and if it seems reasonable then go for it
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4G64 */* !!NEW!! 03 Honda CBR F4i
    * a little done -*- more to come *
    My Dual Halo H3 Projector Project

ZiplokeR
    i just noticed that auction doesent include the back seat covers... ouch.

for comparison, a katzkin leather kit is >$1000 right?

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    PM sent

That doesnt look that bad, but neither do mcdonald's cheeseburgers on the commercials, then you get it and are like wtf at how small it is haha.

ya man if you get them let us know how they are.

5-speed 6G72 w/ bolt-ons [sold]
    '93 Nissan 240sx vert

I've noticed this for some time. The brand is Iggee, and if you google that brand, you'll find some other forums where they have used the covers and actually say it's pretty good. I didn't read much when I was doing research into them, but never did I see bad reviews for them. Most say the quality is really good and the fitment is pretty perfect as well. Especially the back pockets which our Gs seem to be conveniently missing.

And also, as mentioned, they only are for the front two, you have to shell out an additional 175 for the rear too. I wrote to them earlier and they said that the back seat will have the fold out feature as well.

ZiplokeR
    yeah... i was checking out Iggee.com both the front and back seat covers go for $195 each??

but on ebay they go for $179 each. what do you think the difference is?

either way im gonna try them out and i'll post some pics once there installed.
    Last edited by ZiplokeR; 10-28-2008 at 11:54 PM

Manufacturers websites usually display MSRP, and people will pay more because it's a legit site. eBay vendors often buy things in bulk for a discounted price, thus charging less, but may not sell much product due to people's fear about eBay sellers and being ripped off. Plus, most eBay sellers offer a cheap bid, but expensive shipping, more than it may actually cost.

got mine from autoleathers.com for $760

ZiplokeR
    Quote Originally Posted by ricky_db View Post
    got mine from autoleathers.com for $760
    autoleathers.com distributes katzkins right? u got pics? thanks
    Last edited by ZiplokeR; 10-29-2008 at 12:52 PM