The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: oil light and battery light on at the same time.

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

oil light and battery light on at the same time.

hey everybody, this actually just started today... i would go to turn on the car.. it would turn on for a second and then shut right back off... and only the oil light and the battery light are on??? i was told to check all the possible connections in the engine but its 11 at night and i cant really see anything at night... any suggestions?? thanks alot you guys...

Drive, Dream, Drift.
    Drift ALL DAY

Oil level.

^^ the oil level is actually pretty good and i had done a oil change like about 2 months ago... only about 2000 miles or less

Drive, Dream, Drift.
    Drift ALL DAY

hmm... check engine light on? i wonder if its getting enough oil pressure...
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

the check engine is on due to a burnt o2 sensor that i need to replace but im not sure about the pressure...:smt017

Drive, Dream, Drift.
    Drift ALL DAY

hmmm

Your alternator is starting to fail. Test the return charge on your battery with a tester. I have no idea why the oil and battery indicators are linked in this manner but they are...

its not the alternator.... its actually the camshaft position sensor which is going crazy.... has anybody ever change there sensor and now about an "average" price???

Drive, Dream, Drift.
    Drift ALL DAY

i work for advance auto...i can get you 20 percent off...let me know
    Fully Built 4G63
    HKS 272
    ported Dual Ball Bearing FP RED 84mm 25psi w/ external dump

let me know what parts you need i can get you employee pricing
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

Quote Originally Posted by guynlidia2006 View Post
    let me know what parts you need i can get you employee pricing
    Quote Originally Posted by whokilledhoughes
    i work for advance auto...i can get you 20 percent off...let me know
    i'm looking for a camshaft position sensor and also an front o2 sensor...

Drive, Dream, Drift.
    Drift ALL DAY

front O2 i can get the Bosch for $80..goes for $120...ill check on the CPS
    Fully Built 4G63
    HKS 272
    ported Dual Ball Bearing FP RED 84mm 25psi w/ external dump