The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Galant v6 HP vs. Eclipse,Stratus, Sebring

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    TitaniumZ

Galant v6 HP vs. Eclipse,Stratus, Sebring

Just purchased a new Galant w/ V6, and curious if anyone knows why the HP ratings are different (for essentially the same engine), and what is different with the vehicles that would result in the HP difference.

Galant 195@5500
    Stratus/Sebring 200@5500
    Eclipse 210@5750

same throughout..all that means nothing whats hittng the ground is the only important result. only significant difference may be if the cars have a slush box or manual trans

Re: Galant v6 HP vs. Eclipse,Stratus, Sebring

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TitaniumZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>Just purchased a new Galant Â*w/ V6, and curious if anyone knows why the HP ratings are different (for essentially the same engine), and what is different with the vehicles that would result in the HP difference.

Galant 195@5500
    Stratus/Sebring 200@5500
    Eclipse 210@5750</div>

not sure about the sebring but the 210 eclipse is the new GTS... it has a variable intake plenum that gives a higher hp number in the upper RPM band and moves the torgue peak lower by 250rpm (205lbs).

When the 3G eclipse first came out, it's hp advantage was due to exhaust differences. Since RRE tells us that the piping on the eclipse and galant are the same type (as far as diameter and bends) which is actually pretty good, I figured the difference must be in the muffler.

-Mohammad

Senior TGC Member
    Yeah the Eclipse has slight tuning differences. Also, the new GTS has in addition to the variable intake a slightly higher compression. I think the Sebring has the Eclipse tuned engine in it, which is why it's at 200.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison