The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Brake Light and Battery Light on!

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Brake Light and Battery Light on!

I just replaced my Alternator, Battery and battery cables and everything works great except my brake and battery light is on now. i have no idea what is going on. I just changed my brakes and bled the system also over a month ago. help me out!!
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    did you check your brake fluid level? You could be low. Or it might be air in the system.

the brake level is fine, the lights just lit up right after i installed my new alternator...brakes are fine, still solid, pedal doesnt go down.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune

Well i gave up and im sending the G to the mechanics. I checked my alternator, battery cable connections, all ground connections, my stereo, my HID lights...i even disconnected all aftermarket parts. my HIDS flicker after a minute running, my radio turns on and off, and my dash lights start dimming after awhile....brake light, battery light and now my srs light turned on. all accessories lack power. If youre having the same problem, pm me, i should have an answer from the mechanic by late tomorrow.

what was the problem wiht the two light being on
    >

thats normally signs of a bad alternator....

Experienced TGC Member
    c'mon you guys, I mean this is over 2 yrs old.
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

i know, but the last question was recent lol

besides, i can understand why he revived it. most people who have these problem threads dont post what was the problem or what fixed it. Ive wondered the same thing myself sometimes reading these no-resolution threads.
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4G64 */* !!NEW!! 03 Honda CBR F4i
    * a little done -*- more to come *
    My Dual Halo H3 Projector Project

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Could have been the belt, tensioner, a pulley, or alt..

i got a faulty alternator, i replaced it with another alternator and everything works fine. sorry for not posting what i did to resolve my problem.

yep. i am afraid i need to do this in my galant... the lights go away with the throttle down however at idle, the oil and battery light comes back...

It was the fussable link on battery post terminal