The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: CaR loCkS

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
    ewgiii

CaR loCkS

Hey, All. I asked about this a lil earlier, and got some help, but no luck. I have a 2002 ES and i got it used from CarMax so no remote! The thing is, lately, when i use my key to open the galant, all the doors wont open when i turn it twice. It was working for a while, but after i got it back after my parents had it for a while, it stopped working. They claimed they had nothing to do with it . Anyway, any ideas? any help here would be appreciated!!! Thanks!!! BTW, the message board is up at tgc greensboro, start a post or sumthin! lol -peace

D03GTZ
    If you didnt get a remote go back to Carmax and tell them you want one and you should have gotten one when you bought the car.

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    any Mitsubishi dealership may be able to get you one.
    -Pedro

ewgiii
    i know about the remote, they cost too much for now and i'll get one when i get a security system. For now, though, i wanna fix this problem so i can get the doors open without getting into to car! Thanks though. I already checked the fuses.

D03GTZ
    No, if you never got one when you bought the car, go back to Carmax and tell them you want one. It will be free of charge to you because you should have gotten one when you bought the car. Its Carmax policy to give at least ONE remote with the vehicle as long as its supposed to have one. Believe me on this one

Layton
    I found my remotes in th trunk a year after purchasing my '99 ES V6. The dealer claimed the car didn't come with the. When I found the remotes, I was installing a 10 disc changer and pulled up the trunk carpet. The remotes were zip tied to the body on the drivers side. I guess that solved the noise in the trunk.

D03GTZ
    :thumbsup:

Re: CaR loCkS

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ewgiii)</div><div class='quotemain'>, when i use my key to open the galant, all the doors wont open when i turn it twice. Â*</div>

it supposed to do that, same way with the keyless entry
    Team TGCLV

Jeff

Re: CaR loCkS

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FLO-DOG)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ewgiii)</div><div class='quotemain'>, when i use my key to open the galant, all the doors wont open when i turn it twice. Â*</div>

it supposed to do that, same way with the keyless entry</div>

no...it is supposed to unlock all 4 doors if you turn the key twice. i do it all the time.

delo
    I know i only have a 7g but when i turn my key in the drivers side door it only unlocks THAT door. why is that? but when i do the same on the passenger side it unlocks ALL doors. Never tried turning the key twice though. but i will try it.

Go on Ebay, buy a used remote and get it programed to you car from the dealer..
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

ewgiii
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChromeGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>Go on Ebay, buy a used remote and get it programed to you car from the dealer..</div>
    i'm asking this cuz i have NO cash!! lol it's time for prom, and i have no job. i need every penny i have.

D03GTZ
    One last time... go to Carmax and get a key fob programmed. You wont have to pay a thing since you bought the car there without one. If you dont believe me or just dont want to go there for whatever reason, then Ill sell you one shipped for $5 bucks. But then you have to get it programmed to your car.
    peace

ewgiii
    hell, i'm down for the $5. Thanks for the info, though. The only thing we got from CARMAX was a spair key made and we went through some crap to get it. I'll call em up in the morn, though and see what they say. Thanks!

D03GTZ
    Well I KNOW Carmax policy is to have at least one(1) key fob with the vehicle when its sold. I, know its their policy because Ive worked at one for the last 9 months. Tomorrow is my last day, since Im moving to Cali, but I will try and get it in writing for you. Otherwise I have a key fob, still in the plastic baggy. It was originally for an Montero, but the only difference is that it does not have a trunk release button. It has LOCK, UNLOCK, and PANIC buttons on one side, nothing on the other.

delo
    btw, the double turning of the key really works. tried it yesterday. thanks for the info.