The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Has Anyone used Royal Purple Oil or Tranny fluid?

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

Has Anyone used Royal Purple Oil or Tranny fluid?

Hey whats up guys.

i've been hearing alot about Royal Purple and how its " The best out there"

Has Anyone used this Product before?

If so, how was it?

My personal opinion... RP is not suited for a daily driven car. They do make great stuff, but mainly for high end, high power race cars i.e. cars that get an oil change after one day on the track.

From what I've heard, it tends to break down alot faster than other fluids, hence why I said I don't think it'd be good for a DD.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    if your loaded, go for it.

Read this post, might answer your question -
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...ghlight=amsoil

Also, for tranny oil, try to use Diamond SPIII from Mitsu, it's the safest bet.

Quote Originally Posted by tamim13 View Post
    Read this post, might answer your question -
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...ghlight=amsoil

Also, for tranny oil, try to use Diamond SPIII from Mitsu, it's the safest bet.
    Stay away from Royal Purple unless you plan on racing the car and changing it EVERY track day. It's purely a performance/track oil. I don't care if they do claim it's a street oil.

I feel as though Mobil 1 is the best oil to be using for the "cheaper" price range, but the absolute best if your willing to spend the money is probably AMSOIL.
    ~Gabe

When I feel like eating a banana, I like to go to the zoo, sucker punch a gorilla and try to run with a banana hanging out my bum. Then if I succeed, I enjoy my victory with said banana and a stroopwaffle.

royal burple gives u 5 hp, im sold

lol
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

honestly i used RP 10w30 full syn on my car and it keeps my engine clean... i change the oil every 2500-3000 miles... they have different kind of oils... the track ones are the racing oils.. it will say racing, or turbo app etc...
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

ive been using it for the past 4 oil changes...no complains here.
    Fully Built 4G63
    HKS 272
    ported Dual Ball Bearing FP RED 84mm 25psi w/ external dump

I have used it for a long time I love it I used mobil 1 RP seams not to brake down as fast as mobil 1

I used it in my e46 M3. I wouldnt care for the stuff in my Galant. Go with the cheap stuff and abide by the maintenance interval.

I used it also, seems to be quite nice. Though I'd still lean towards AMSoil.

I use the Mobil 1 full synthetic. Good enough for stock EVO's good enough for my Galant
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    x2 royal purpole sucks hardcore cok it only last about 300 or 400 hundred miles then u need to change the oil again ill stick to my mobil1 full syn
    03 I4

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy_o2 View Post
    x2 royal purpole sucks hardcore cok it only last about 300 or 400 hundred miles then u need to change the oil again ill stick to my mobil1 full syn
    On what basis are you guys saying it 'only lasts' a few hundred miles? Did you have major engine failure? Did you have the oil analyzed when it was removed? If so do you have a spectrum analysis of it? And can you post it here?

If not, than what basis are these conclusions made? On what your friend who uses Mobil One said? Or that Joe Blow backyard mechanic that thinks synthetic oils are a waste of money? I mean really I'd like to know because I think the same people that are fickle in their daily lives with their vehicle's motor oil are the same people that make fickle decisions on who they want their president to be.

NOTE: My comments aren't directed at any one specific person.

Just to point out to all of you who think Mobil 1 is the best thing on earth ... Unless you're running their 0w40 it's not a full synthetic even though it might say so on the bottle.

222whp/250wtq

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    On what basis are you guys saying it 'only lasts' a few hundred miles? Did you have major engine failure? Did you have the oil analyzed when it was removed? If so do you have a spectrum analysis of it? And can you post it here?

If not, than what basis are these conclusions made? On what your friend who uses Mobil One said? Or that Joe Blow backyard mechanic that thinks synthetic oils are a waste of money? I mean really I'd like to know because I think the same people that are fickle in their daily lives with their vehicle's motor oil are the same people that make fickle decisions on who they want their president to be.

NOTE: My comments aren't directed at any one specific person.
    no testing done but notiicable diffrence when it was fresh and when i drove it for a couple of days like with my mobil 1 that i use it still feels nice and smooth and im at 2900 since the last oil change
    03 I4