The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: problem wiring jdm tails & harness to usdm plug

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    ZiplokeR

problem wiring jdm tails & harness to usdm plug

I got JDM tails from ebay that came with the jdm harness. The instructions it came with was the 1st pic below. The only problem is the color of the wires did not match like the instructions say.

The following is the way I wired it. Let me know where i went wrong. The jdm has 2 reverse lights(white) & 2 red lights as opposed to the usdm’s 1reverse/2red. So, I spliced together the two reverse lights from the jdm harness and connected it to the 2 wires that were feeding the usdm reverse light. btw, the reverse lights both work like they’re supposed to.

Then i connected the three wires (black, green, white/green) from each of the two red jdm lights to the corresponding wires of the usdm red lights.

The problem I’m having is when the headlights are on both red taillights are on so it looks like if im permanently braking. Also, when the headlights are off and i brake, nether of the brake lights turn on.

Also, im using the lights that came with the jdm taillights, does that matter?

thanks

I think you just swapped the brake and running light wires, I did that the first time I installed as well.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

You should only have one reverse light, one signal light, and two brake lights. The two brake lights also double as running lights when the headlights are on.

Do you have a picture of your actual harness? And have you matched the colors to the actual in car wiring?

ZiplokeR
    front

back

I spliced the bottom two lights together on the jdm harness (green to green) and (black to black) cuz i thought they were both reverse lights, then i spliced that to what feed the reverse light b4..

Just to get the basics down what does the extra jdm light do, brake? reverse?
    Also, im not sure which one is the "brake and running wire"

ok on the usdm side that i cut i had three lights.
    1) white reverse light (black wire and red wire with blue stripe)
    2)middle red light ( black wire, green wire and green wire with white stripe)
    3 other red light ( black wire, green wire with white stripe, and green wire with blue stripe)

i guess my main problem is
    1)im not sure which jdm light i have to splice together
    2)where to connect the usdm side to the jdm side

thanks

Here is a break down of the wire colors:

Green/White = Running lights. (When headlights on, both top lights on your 2nd gen JDM taillights should be on).

Green/Blue = Turn Signal

Solid Green = Brake lights (when pushing pedal down) When wired properly these should also both light up when braking.

Red/Blue = Reverse light.

Black = Ground
    Last edited by RedGalant2k1; 11-10-2008 at 07:35 PM

ZiplokeR
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    Here is a break down of the wire colors:

Green/White = Running lights. (When headlights on, both top lights on your 2nd gen JDM taillights should be on).

Green/Blue = Turn Signal

Solid Green = Brake lights (when pushing pedal down) When wired properly these should also both light up when braking.

Red/Blue = Reverse light.

Black = Ground
    Thanks, this is what i needed. everything is good.

the problem was that the wires comming out of the jdm harness diddent match. For example, in the jdm harness the green/white wire triggered the high fillament to light up. so i had the green/white from the car (running lights) connected to the green/white of the harness (brake lights)

anyways.. thanks again...

I'll post a picture of the wiring tomorrow, in the daytime

Glad to be able to help!

just put leds in them

Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights