The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Lifter Tick

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Lifter Tick

So i have the dreaded lifter tick....how much does it usually cost to fix this problem? Is it a big job? Can this be fixed in a day, or do i have to leave my car for a few days at the shop? The tick went away for a little while after my last oil change when i added some lucas oil stabilizer, but it has since come back recently. Any thoughts?

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Save your money and just turn the radio up, it will not damage anything but your nerves.

I agree with the inbred goat humper.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia View Post
    I agree with the inbred goat humper.

LMA:smt045

stick to castrol gtx nad a good filter all that lucas crap does is tale off the build up off the lifters and the seals which will reduce your oil pressure , run it for 4000 miles then check again u might want to run a slightly heavier oil too .

Experienced TGC Member
    You can just remove them and clean them. The reason they tick is because they are dirty. fyi the ticking will come back eventuallly since there will still be deposits in other areas of the engine and they will begin to build up again in your lifters. Like others said it wont really hurt the engine if you leave it alone. It will only take about 2 hours to do the job if you do it your self.
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***

a month ago i walked past a 2000 maybe eclipse and the lifter tick on it was so loud,,, glad mine isnt as loud but its thier , after i read up some threads on here, i just learned to ignore it since it doesnt hurt the engine...

2000 I4 100k Miles