The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Brembos screeching!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 27 of 27
    You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    they dont come with it. if you really need it, go to mitsubishi and get some.

alright so i got the new shims and anti squeek then installed it all. when im driving and coming to a stop it dont screech when my wheels are straight. but then it still does it when im breaking while turning.anyone know why?
    Last edited by Gtorque; 11-18-2008 at 08:42 PM

ok im not sure how many people here know how close the evo brembos are to actual racing brakes. really, then you couple them with a sport tested rotor and pad setup, guess what, they are going to sound like racing brakes. my stoptech stage 2 kit didnt sound like this and it was mostly because of the proper bed/break in process that is mandated by stoptech to perform so the brakes will work to their full potential from day one. did you fully bed them in? honestly with the street use i imagine you only see, you would really be just fine with just some duralast gold pads for the evo. braking will still be consistant, noise and brake dust will be nearly nonexistant, and it will provide good pedal feel without being too touchy. i love my brembos and have found out how to make a good braking system better and comfortable.

sandpaper the rotor and pads. thats what i did before and the noise is gone. ny new setup now screams when its cold.

*sighs* are you guys complaining or being informative? because if you're complaining then go get a "street/ economy" set of pads, bed them in and call it a day. now if you all are being informative then thats much different and this thread is losing its focus.

honestly, sandpaper? ugh, all you did was remove the surface bed in coating. it helps bed the pads in as well as the rotors to make certain there is a smooth linear plane on both rotor and pad so that the contact patch is close to 100% not closer to 60%. at first you wont really notice but if you went and really used them all the time, you would quickly find out that they are not fulfilling their true potential. i take braking and suspension very seriously is all and im just throwing that out there. people buy these brakes and for what? looks. whatever, thats a waste of money if you ask me. the stock brakes (v6 equipped cars) are good enough for daily driving and moments of spirited driving. throw some ss lines, a good set of pads (Axis, Hawk, PFC, EBC,etc) and some brembo slotted rotors and you will be golden and will have spent about $600 less. the evo brembos are a hell of an upgrade.......if you are going to use them. otherwise, its like carrying around a 4lb shotgun and nothing to shoot. useless.

yes sand paper and hope to get them to bed properly this time. it worked for my old setup and thats alot better than buying another set of pads and losing a little brake power.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12