The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Interior Blinker "Mod"

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    TGC Regular

Interior Blinker "Mod"

Ok this is nothing big or anything, but i did this little "mod" (i guess you can call it) a long time ago And tonight i was just playing with my digi. But anyways....

This is for anyone who goes crazy over the tiny details of their Galant. Only take 10 minutes or faster depending how fast you can take apart your gauges.

Ok when i installed my indiglo gauges i noticed how the interior blinker where a plain green color and didnt match my indiglos at all. This drove me crazy for some strange reason. So i came up with the idea to use the plastic cover of a school notebook.... like this one... (yes bad pic i know, its a very dark blue color)

If you take apart your gauges as if you are installing indiglos, you'll notice that all it is is just a peice of green plastic. So i popped the original out and cut a peice of the notebook cover the same size and placed it where it goes. DONE!!!

Now you can have the blinker color any color you want!! Only tip that i have is make sure the actual plastic is very dark cause it gets lighter as the bulbs behind the gause light up....

Im Broke! Send Donations to "Brandon's Future Mods Fund"

Experienced TGC Member
    ahahah thats a mad good idea!

TWO THUMBS UP! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    lol BLs is now thinking like JiP

pretty good idea, my green blinkers dont bother me, but next time i take apart the dash(tomorrow? hah) ill probably switch em to blue
    7g for life!

-Jav-
    cool. I'll do it this weekend.

JADIEN
    Great Idea!!!

Now here's one for you...
    How do you make the needles the same red as on the guages?

clean off hte white thats on them and paint it red

IllestGalant
    sweeeeeet. I like it. also give two thumbs up!!!

Godspell
    Hey where did you get those gauges and how much did they cost? And umm do you think they would fit a 1996 galant.

those gauges are available on ebay....just do a search for galant, they fit all galants 94-98 except the 1994 Galant GS

YOOOOO, I did this a while ago too. Probably in June of 2001 I'm guessing, date doesn't matter I guess.

I used the plastic from a lawn chair. I use clear/purple and clear/blue. My left blinker is purple and the right is blue. I folder the plastic over about 4 times and glued it so that it's thick and a solid color.

Later
    J

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jesse)</div><div class='quotemain'>YOOOOO, I did this a while ago too. Â*Probably in June of 2001 I'm guessing, date doesn't matter I guess.

I used the plastic from a lawn chair. Â*I use clear/purple and clear/blue. Â*My left blinker is purple and the right is blue. Â*I folder the plastic over about 4 times and glued it so that it's thick and a solid color.

Later
    J</div>

cool...gotta love how creative TGC members are!!!!!
    Im Broke! Send Donations to "Brandon's Future Mods Fund"