The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: quick question

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    mitsu4G64

quick question

aight i've tried many of times to figure out whats the best way to lauch off the line when someone wants to race ...i used to rev the engine and drop it in drive and then shift manually up ....but i would just end up spining the tires for about 1 1/2 sec cuz there is hardly any power going to the wheels and then next thing i know i am fallin behind ....now i am just holding the break and flooring it and i can the rpm's to about 2200 and then let go fo the break and a little tire spin and i'm off but still though that transmission is heavy and i have to wait for the rpms to wind out before shifting i just need some quciker speed off the line

u neutral dropped it, b/c thats the only way u could spin the tires that long without holding the e-brake.
    Join TGC NY, Click Image to enter

TGC Regular
    ah good ol neutral drops used to love doing those in my first pos cars lol
    - Atba

OK since nobody seems to want to answer the question, I'll give it a shot.

As these guys implied, neutral drops are bad. Manually shifitng isn't because the worst that will happen is you'll bounce off the rev limiter if you forget to shift. But it's doubtful that you'll gain anything time wise by manually shifting.

When I go to the track, I run the engine to about 2500 and release the brake. Several things will help you get more power to the ground. From least expensive to most expensive, they are:

Let air out of your front tires. You'd be amazed what dropping them to about 23 pounds will do for you.

Replace your front motor mount with a polyurethane mount. Several companies make them for our cars including energy suspension and deyeme racing. I have used both. They eliminate the rolling of the engine and transfer that torque right to the wheels. A good investment for the money. Read the reviews in the aftermarket forum.

Upgrade your torque converter. Level ten makes a tranny upgrade for the automatic. Several ppl here have it and swear by it.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

toc8g
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'>OK since nobody seems to want to answer the question, I'll give it a shot. Â*

As these guys implied, neutral drops are bad. Manually shifitng isn't because the worst that will happen is you'll bounce off the rev limiter if you forget to shift. But it's doubtful that you'll gain anything time wise by manually shifting.

When I go to the track, I run the engine to about 2500 and release the brake. Several things will help you get more power to the ground. From least expensive to most expensive, they are:

Let air out of your front tires. You'd be amazed what dropping them to about 23 pounds will do for you.

Replace your front motor mount with a polyurethane mount. Several companies make them for our cars including energy suspension and deyeme racing. I have used both. They eliminate the rolling of the engine and transfer that torque right to the wheels. A good investment for the money. Read the reviews in the aftermarket forum.

Upgrade your torque converter. Level ten makes a tranny upgrade for the automatic. Several ppl here have it and swear by it.</div>

Damn Question Answered!!!!! That was a very nice answer Chip!!! Makes me wanna Cus! Makes me actually wanna say Nice Fuckin Answer,..very professional! :thumbsup: I mean whats left to say!!?? Chip I know you won't mind since you ansered this question already I am gonna close it. And I am gonna do a search on that front motor mount you made me excited!