The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New body kit????

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

New body kit????

Okay well not really a new body kit but one that will fit like OEM.

No problems with fitting issues. I would like to see this kit remade to fit the 8G Galant without fitting issues and where you see the grill I would like to have a option for the grill that I we are deciding on to fit there with out no problems. I am looking at a production time of 6 months. I will also have to ask for a $500.00 deposit when the GB ends for this. Retail price that I am looking at is $1,150.00. For the first 10 on the GB I am looking at $950.00. Prices are subject to change and I only gave high estimates so there are no illusions here. I am also fully aqare that you can get copy cat kits of the same exact kit for cheaper. But lets face it. This will be a straight bolt on. No need for modifications. The fiberglass that is used is of high quality.

Okay that is it guys and girls. My plate is full. I have more than enough projects to fill up my whole year. I am not going to lie to you guys here. This could take some time getting the grill, CF hood, and now this kit produced. If we can get the serious members and the money I have no porblems on my end to get these things produced. It is just up to us on how bad we would like to see them made. I will keep everyone informed of the progress and also on the prices. I am not going to promise next week and this price and then have everyone waiting and wondering until next month with diffrent prices and a diffrent time frame. That is just not good bussiness practice.

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

why not get a new front bumper made???
    i would be interested in that...

i would be intrested $950 is not a bad GB price, and in 6 months (hopefully) Todd will have a better job, I love that kit!!!!!

Mom to Krystal, Joey and Peyton

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(leicoolya)</div><div class='quotemain'>why not get a new front bumper made???
    i would be interested in that...</div>

A new front bumper made will run a production time of 6 months R&D alone. I plan of running a brand new kit but just not right now. I am going to buy this kit and when it is in I am looking at a R&D of only a month.

Okay this has kind of sat here and know one else has commented. I can get any kit made if that is what everyone would like. Tell you guys what lets really do this. If no one is intrested in this kit then lets design one. I want everyone to know that it can take up to 6 months of R&D alone but it is up to you guys. I will not import a JDM kit because lets face it. Importing a kit is real expensive unless someone can point me in the direction of a copy cat kit or a way to do it for under $1,000.00. I can get one produced but again that will be made from scratch.

Unless someone wants to import a kit and give it to me.

justin
    hey guys you can put the factory grill back in it with that kit. thats what i did.

If you are talking about the Intial V can I see some pictures. I am curious as to how this would look like.

T-O-P
    The fit of the front bumper won't effect the headlight housing, will it? I plan on putting JDM headlights on mine.

Alister_McRae
    Personally, i think cool body kits for our cars that i would definatly buy would either be the pic on the very top.
    http://www.erebunicorp.com/ge/SUBARUimprezza.htm

Or any of these.....
    http://erebunicorp.com/ge/subaruimp02.htm

If any photoshop wizards wanna photoshop a few of those, and post the pic on here, it would help, mike.

TGC Regular
    Hey Makaveli, I'd personally love to see this kit or any kit for our cars as a direct bolt on. I'd really like to see an Octane front bumper for our cars too. I would be willing to get in this deal with you, but if we are actually looking at a production time of 6 months, that is a bit long for my taste. If im reading you post correctly, it will take that long after getting the need 10 people, because you have to front and additional $1000 to your manufacturer and it would take a little time for you to front that type of money since you have alot of projects going on at one time. So I was wondering if this time table could be sped up if and outside source could front the money for this kit production?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BIGMONEYDAY)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hey Makaveli, I'd personally love to see this kit or any kit for our cars as a direct bolt on. Â*I'd really like to see an Octane front bumper for our cars too. Â*I would be willing to get in this deal with you, but if we are actually looking at a production time of 6 months, that is a bit long for my taste. Â*If im reading you post correctly, it will take that long after getting the need 10 people, because you have to front and additional $1000 to your manufacturer and it would take a little time for you to front that type of money since you have alot of projects going on at one time. Â*So I was wondering if this time table could be sped up if and outside source could front the money for this kit production?</div>

With this project I will not need a outside source which I do apperciate if you have a connection. I will be fronting all this one myself. Production time of 6 months would only be if I had to get a new designed kit in production because the kit would have to be made from scratch. Like a Octane kit.

Now if there is intrest which there seems to be for the Intial V. I can get that kit without having to import it in. I just need a copy cat kit which I can find easily on Ebay or some other company since my manufacture will just need a kit to play around with to get the proper fittement on to our cars. This would only take a month.

Damn I did say six months didn't I. What I meant was two to three months. Again I am just setting these time frames high so it can be sooner.

Okay I couldn't wait. I really want this kit made. Here is the GB.

http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11688

Just to let everyone know for the future. Next year I plan on getting a lip kit produced. So if anyone can point me in the direction of a importer then please post a link.

TGC Regular
    Ok Mack, I'm glad to see your ready to get this kit on the way, and also glad you cleared up the time frame for this kit. That schedule seems way more realistic, and do-able for me. So I'll probably be jumping in on this kit soon. But the other kit I was asking about, the Octane kit, I figured wouldn't take too much time for R&D if you used 75% of the kit's pieces from a kit like this Intial V kit and used a readily available Octane bumper from an Accord and modified it to fit our bumpers. I just figured that would be a quick down and dirty way to achieve a "new" kit, especially since that was the route I have been planning on taking if a company like yours never got a bolt-on kit for our cars into production soon. If you have time pm me or post here what you think about that idea. But until then I'll most likely jump over to your GB and get in on that, and hope we get enough peeps (again) to actually get this project of the ground. Talk to you soon.

Black Magic
    so this kit will just need to be painted. would bolting it on be easy enough to do as a home project? need some info on how much more i would need to spend to get the kit on? kinda interested

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BIGMONEYDAY)</div><div class='quotemain'>Ok Mack, I'm glad to see your ready to get this kit on the way, and also glad you cleared up the time frame for this kit. Â*That schedule seems way more realistic, and do-able for me. Â*So I'll probably be jumping in on this kit soon. Â*But the other kit I was asking about, the Octane kit, I figured wouldn't take too much time for R&D if you used 75% of the kit's pieces from a kit like this Intial V kit and used a readily available Octane bumper from an Accord and modified it to fit our bumpers. Â*I just figured that would be a quick down and dirty way to achieve a "new" kit, especially since that was the route I have been planning on taking if a company like yours never got a bolt-on kit for our cars into production soon. Â*If you have time pm me or post here what you think about that idea. Â*But until then I'll most likely jump over to your GB and get in on that, and hope we get enough peeps (again) to actually get this project of the ground. Â*Talk to you soon.</div>

That is actually a good idea. Taking the sides and the back from other kits and just modifiying the Octane to fit the Galant. That would I am sure cut back R&D. I am going to have to think on this one.

I am still going with the Intial V. Honestly I like this kit and that is one of the reasons why I went ahead with the GB. I do have plans of other kits like a lip kit and a wide body. The wide will have to be made from scratch so that will take the longest if I decided to do it. I do like the look to the Octane when I had seen it in a picture of a black Honda Accord. So many things that would be good to get produced but like everything else in the world money is the key if you know what I mean.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chromEd)</div><div class='quotemain'>so this kit will just need to be painted. Â*would bolting it on be easy enough to do as a home project? need some info on how much more i would need to spend to get the kit on? Â*kinda interested</div>

It really is not hard to bolt on a kit at home. You just have to find all the bolts holding on your bumber and then unscrew. Place the new bumper on and rebolt. Labor on your part would be the only thing hard but it is alot cheaper than paying someone labor to put on the kit. Let alone having to get them to mold it on.

im in... come on guys, lets get something in production and done for once!