The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Need help with Sprint Performance Lowering Springs

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Need help with Sprint Performance Lowering Springs

Hey guys. I just recently purchased a complete set of Sprint Performance lowering springs off ebay for $110. They were brand new. I have heard that Sprint springs are supposed to be pretty decent. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case for my situation. When I installed the springs along with my KYB GR-2 gas struts I did not even have to compress the springs to get them on. They just sat loosely on the struts until I lowered the weight of the car on them. They seemed to be fine at first except for the fact the it seemed to give a lot more than the advertised 2" drop. I have only had them on one day so they have not had much time to settle and I am already starting to get some wheel tuck. From what I have heard not even Teins should drop that much. The worst thing about all this though is that my shocks are bottoming out when I go over only medium sized bumps and I have a feeling its because there is something wrong with the springs. They just seem to small. I'm thinking mabye I got some knockoffs because I have not heard of anyone else having this problem with their Sprint springs. If anyone has any advice I'd really appreciate it right about now. I don't want my KYB struts getting ruined because of crappy lowering springs :(

are you sure they were for your application? they could be springs for another car.

I'm not sure, but I am sending them back. I just got some Eibachs from a 3kgt SL so I hope those will work better. When I install the springs on the struts are they supposed to sit loosely until the weight of the car compresses them or are they supposed to compress at least a little when you first put them on the strut? I know the stock springs were compressed a lot.

I don't think the 3Kgt springs will fit
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

just order some made for your car and save the headace.. the teins s are good.. nice ride and decent drop..
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

Experienced TGC Member glantv699's Avatar
    I have Sprint on AGX, they sat pretty well off the car and seemed to fit right on the car too...

For your reference...(without all the rubber accessories)

quite snug if you ask me, don't use springs for applications outside the 8G and 3G eclipse, not safe

> TGCPA - SOUTHEAST
    > 2010 Evolution X SE #183 of 340 (1 of 54 in Octane Blue)
    > 1999 ES V6 (Sold 2/2011)

Correct, the 3kgt did not fit, the fronts did but not the backs. When I had the sprint springs on the front shocks were the only ones bottoming out. I found out that I forgot to install the bumpers on the fronts. I think that may be the problem. I am going to put the sprint springs back on tomorrow and see how they work out. (Man I sure cause a lot of unneeded work for myself :/ )

yes, yes you do
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4G64 */* !!NEW!! 03 Honda CBR F4i
    * a little done -*- more to come *
    My Dual Halo H3 Projector Project