The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: installing strut bar question?

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

installing strut bar question?

I've installed my strut bar 5 years ago and forgot over time :smt075. The question is: before installation, should I put my car on jack stands before I take out the top strut lugs or is it ok to leave my car as is? I can't remember how I installed them.

I've never jacked either of my G's up when putting on the STB. You can if you want, but you don't really need to.

Experienced TGC Member glantv699's Avatar
    They are probably less likely to move if the wheels are planted on the ground. Save yourself the work, no need to jack it up.

> TGCPA - SOUTHEAST
    > 2010 Evolution X SE #183 of 340 (1 of 54 in Octane Blue)
    > 1999 ES V6 (Sold 2/2011)

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    If you jack it up and then take the 3 nuts off, then guess what? Your strut will come out of the tower. Just take the nuts off and put it on, no need for a jack.

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    If you jack it up and then take the 3 nuts off, then guess what? Your strut will come out of the tower.
    I never even thought of that lol. Thanks for all the replies :)

if you have an adjustable strut bar, its obvious. you don't have to jack it up.

if yours isn't adjsutable, try it on. if you can get it on without jacking up the car then don't worry about it. if your strut bar is like my GDI strut bar...jack it up in the air because my strut bar won't go on or off without the car being up in the air.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

no need for jack... i put my 3G on just fine w/o
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4G64 */* !!NEW!! 03 Honda CBR F4i
    * a little done -*- more to come *
    My Dual Halo H3 Projector Project

put the two end plates on. connect one side of the bar. if the other side of the bar goes on, then finish assembly. if it doesnt, then jack up the car. how hard is that? for the time it took to post and wait around for an answer, you could have figured out if you need to jack up the car or not.

i've installed 3g bars on the 8g without jacking up the car, and i've done installs where the car has to be jacked up to install.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

It's cold outside and I have a fever