The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: alternator.....7g

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    RydnClean

alternator.....7g

does anyone know what alternator comes stock in the 94 ES? i killed mine last week and when i ordered a new one i got a 90 over the 70.....thankz

TGC Regular

Re: alternator.....7g

Moved to 7G General Forum.
    Chris
    2004 Mazda 3i; bought 7/2/04
    98 Galant ES; Sold 6/30/04

You got a 90 over the 70?

You mean ur's is 90 amp instead of 70?

If it bolts up then put it on. Anything is better then our crappy OEM alternators.

I was thinking of putting a diamante or montero on mine.

Experienced TGC Member
    I remember this discussion from another group Jesse and I are on, I believe the galant got a 90A alternator. They also talked about having the alternator rewound by a shop to output something like 120A. I can't find a shop that does it in NY though. 120A good if you got a power sucking speaker system
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

Ohio generators might have something or I know they can spin them up to 120, 150, or whatever output u want.

There's a place in my city that does it too. If anybody want to ship me theirs, I can take it and have them do it for ya and ship it back.

2cheap2eat

Any advise on when to replace alternator?

Just wondering if I should go ahead and replace my alternator before it goes out on me? I have a '95 ES with about 128,000 miles, no problems with alternator and no subs, just factory radio. I just don't wanna be driving down the road and have it go out on me.

Any advise if I should replace it or if they last much longer??? Thx.

IllestGalant
    if it ain't broke don't fix it, yeah right.... that alternator is probalby gonna take a crap any day now. save yourself the hassle and change it now, it only takes 15 minutes.

NYchulo3
    Definitely. Take care of that alternator now. Preventive maintenance, is the best maintenance...if you got the money.