The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Thump!!!!!!!

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    GuyWitGalant

Thump!!!!!!!

Stupid question....................Every time i hit a bump of any size.........i hear a thump noise coming from my rear driver side! i first thought it was from the exhuast tip that i installed which wasn't tightly screwed in! so i removed it!! but it's still making that noise everytime i drive over a bump! what could it be?

TWISTED II
    body in the trunk? haha, what kinda suspension do you have?

TGC Regular
    um, this isn't a picture post, :?

try going to the right forum, im sure u will get help there

GuyWitGalant
    ok it was more of a clank than a thump!!! hehe

i'd check inside the trunk first and see if its anything in there. maybe the parts to change the spare tire or something there. if not maybe u can get sum1 to drive ur car over a bump and u listen and maybe u can pinpoint the sound. or possibly get the car on the lift and start poking around tryna see what's causing the sound.

not that i read more about it. and its more of a clank noise maybe check the shield for ur muffler, it could be rubbing up against something or loose.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ThaTwistedGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>body in the trunk? Â*</div>

:laughing: :laughing:
    - Atba

GuyWitGalant
    i have a feeling the muffler is loose therefore its clanking against the shield......what to do? and no.............haha theres no body in the trunk!!

reedrosa
    I am curious about this too. I just bought my car used, 2001 ES V6, and the sound I get is similar, not too loud and can only but heard when the radio is off and windows up. Still, it should not be doing it.

I looked at my muffler last night and it is loose to touch but I could not hear it hitting on anything. I'd like to know how to tighten it down if it is the muffler or exhaust pipe.