The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Leather Dye?

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    NYchulo3

Leather Dye?

I have a 96S with Dark Gray leather interior. I wanna dye the center of the seats silver to match the interior trim. Does anyone know what to use to do this? I have seen pics of a few people on here who has done it. Thanx

Dye tends to be messy and bleeds over. I did my seats with paint. I used Duplicolor Vinyl and fabric spray. Now the only downside is that some seats aren't all leather (like Jesse's). The synthetic leather doesn't breathe and the paint takes forever to cure. If you are painting it, be sure it is real leather so it will dry and look good.
    You gain knowledge through learning not by increasing your post count...please search

NYchulo3
    alright cool. do you have a pic of how urs turned out?

I will post more tonight when I get home.
    You gain knowledge through learning not by increasing your post count...please search

NYchulo3
    nice job wit the burgundy, the red is a little too much for my taste. It looks really good tho. What did you use to cover the rest of the seat to keep it so neat?

Acutally the pics are the same color, just a wierd flash effect in the backseat. 99.9% of the time the color looks burgandy (even in direct lighting).

There is a tutorial on my website for painting the seats. http://jluv97.galants.com

Hope that helps