The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: re: intake manifold (header)

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

re: intake manifold (header)

Yes you're reading correctly, my manifold has a leak. I first noticed it when my boost gauge went above the normal 18-22 hg. I did the usual, checked vacuum lines, intake lines, intake manifold, all the intercooler hoses/couplers, nada. All ship shape, so. I check the manifold and sure enough I can hear the air coming out. Took it apart, it can't be fixed.... :( Car is gonna be out of commission for a while. Does anyone have one they would like to sell me for a 00 galant 2.4 cyl?? It's about time that the car is put up for winter anyways, if I"m unfortunate to find one in the next few weeks, I'll just give her a break, put her new heart in, just in time for the spring.

Car is sold, no more G.... Moved on to something a big more sporty.... lol

welcome to the curse of the Galant/3G Eclipse 4G64's. look for the outlander intake manifold, its a direct bolt-on and an awesome replacement for a stock intake manifold.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    welcome to the curse of the Galant/3G Eclipse 4G64's. look for the outlander intake manifold, its a direct bolt-on and an awesome replacement for a stock intake manifold.
    It came at the right time, gives me time to give her a rest, i'm just glad it's not an accident putting her out for a while. I have an outlander manifold, but i plan on using that one for the swap, so I can keep my cruise control.

wait what swap are you doing? if your going DOHC (just guessing by your sig) then that outlander manifold wont work, it only fits the SOHC. you'll have to get either an evo manfold or a sonata/optima one... in order to keep the cruise control you will need the outlander throttle body because the evo TB doesn't have the cruise control unit on it... if you all ready knew all of this i'm sorry haha
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    yea just throw on the outlander one...much better flow as well as build quality

Quote Originally Posted by underated View Post
    wait what swap are you doing? if your going DOHC (just guessing by your sig) then that outlander manifold wont work, it only fits the SOHC. you'll have to get either an evo manfold or a sonata/optima one... in order to keep the cruise control you will need the outlander throttle body because the evo TB doesn't have the cruise control unit on it... if you all ready knew all of this i'm sorry haha
    I knew that but thanks for the tip...haha. I'm kinda iffy about keeping the cruise control anyways. Well see......
    Last edited by JDM4G64T; 10-31-2008 at 10:16 PM

Just picked up that intake manifold from Brian today. Thanks for holding on to it for so long...lol. Also thanks for the tips/updates to my current swap. Most helpful!! Excellent seller! Yay to not running so rich anymore....