The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What is the path to weight reduction for 2.4I's?

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

What is the path to weight reduction for 2.4I's?

does anyone have a suggestion or a list to reduce a signifcant amount of weight from the 8th gen 2.4I's?

also what is the curb weight of rides?

dump the auto tranny for a manual swap
    Spare tire
    Replace hood/trunk with CF hood/trunk
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Balance shafts take about 8-10lbs off the rotating assembly. Lightweight underdrive pulleys. If you really want to make more power, the best way to start is not to gut the thing. Takes 100lbs to lose 1/10th of a second on a 1/4 mile, not really worth it.
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Lose the fat girlfriend is the first step..jk

dont get in the car.. thats the best way
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

Last time I weighed my '01 V6 it was 2592 with 3/4 tank of gas and retaining the sunroof. My interior consists of a steering wheel, the upper part of the dash with the gauge cluster and the steering wheel. I still have the headliner and sunroof, the A/C is gone as well as all the sound deadening all through out the car.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

I4betterthanUR4
    First off, get a smaller gas tank. One that holds around 1-2 gallons is ideal because that stuff is heavy. Your gonna have to fill up about every 38 miles depending on how you drive. Second, get rid of your radiator. Who needs it? Just get a tube to bypass it and pull that sucker out! Also if you havn't yet you need to buy some 13 inch wheels, the smaller the wheel the less it weighs, science. Take all your windows out and replace it with saran wrap. Your bumpers can go too, that shits heavy. Screw CF hood and trunk that shit cost money and even though they weigh less than the stock ones theyre meant to replace they still weigh something know what I'm saying? So just unbolt them and ride with out em. Oh yeah, something everyone does right off the bat is to take off the side and rear view mirrors they weigh a precious 2 lbs combined and add drag to the vehicle. I've done all this stuff to my galant and my 1/4 mile time went from 18 sec down to 9 sec. Yeah you read that right.

oh man, its about to be a flame fest in the A.M
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

should i keep the front windshield and/or the rear passenger doors?;)

I4betterthanUR4
    lol never even thought about the rear doors, I like your style. When I said replace your windows with saran wrap I meant all your windows except the windshield. I tried it for the windshield and what happens is as you speed up the air pushes into it and forms a huge bubble in the cabin so just ride without it. Saw this on another thread http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSbfo...eature=related
    Now that is the ultimate in weight reduction, just follow what they're doing.
    Last edited by I4betterthanUR4; 12-14-2008 at 05:14 AM Reason: fixed link