The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Starter Problems

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Starter Problems

Just a click.. that is the best way to describe it..... Brand new battery....same problem....double check ground conections..same problem..... clean and changed terminals.... same problem.... dry click sound seems to be comming from the starter it self....will pull out tomorrow and take to auto zone for a bench test.....if starter is bad do you guys think is a bad choice to buy a duralast?????? Any reccomendations?????? If starter is good the only other thing left to check would be the relay.......... All recommendations are more than welcome...... Thanks....

As long as its a reputable brand, their really isnt any better brand than others. Duralast is good, or a Belkamp, or bosch, they are all the same quality. Although my preference would be the Napa brand Belkamp, but thats just a preference, any choice would suffice.
    A ricer is someone who believes that lights, stickers, useless parts, stupid driving and any other abnormal or dangerous driving habits help them in their need for speed or attention.

Hit with a hammer

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Get a Napa brand part....closest to OEM quality IMO and experience. I have only bought a handful of Duralast products and had problems with them for the exception of a powersteering belt that has held up so far.

Clicking usually means a problematic starter...most likely the contacts are solenoids. Either or..its better to replace the starter than rebuild it.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

yea same thing happened to me you need a new starter, i got mine at auto zone as well, i have heard oem is much better though, but it has a warranty so oh well.

Ya, I only buy Napa brand items myself.
    A ricer is someone who believes that lights, stickers, useless parts, stupid driving and any other abnormal or dangerous driving habits help them in their need for speed or attention.