The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: turbo oil pressure line on the 4g64 block

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

turbo oil pressure line on the 4g64 block

tried finding info on this and couldnt get a straight answer on where the pressure feed line goes in the block. any1 got an answer? I know it feeds back into the oil pan from the turbo but not a clue where the oil pressure comes from
    no longer a g owner.....:(

Soon to get another.....:)

theres no line really, in short its fed from the pickup that sits in the oil pan sump which then goes through the oil pump and gets distributed to the oil galleys through the vians in the oil pump case assembly cover, and of course it goes through the oil filter housing. i got a brand new one sitting here ill see if ican snap a pic.

what are you trying to do anyway?

well im still debating on turboing with a 16g setup and pretty much everything is fairly upfront on the setup. but the oil pressure feed to the turbo is whats confusing me as to where it comes from on the block. its getting to a point where i think ima just make the g a show car, (system, paint, body, etc.) and just find a sbc to build for my adrenaline rushes when i wanna have fun but idk yet
    no longer a g owner.....:(

Soon to get another.....:)

small block chevy?

oh and to the other question you can T off where the oil light sensor is which would be a low press. zone i believe or you can get an adapter that goes on your oil filter housing and then take it from there, that would be a higher press. zone since the oil just left the pump. im not sure about the 16g but some turbos are picky when it comes to oil pressure ill try to find out if it matters are not for the 16g.

the the oil filter housing adapter looks like this:

as i read before on club3g the 16g evo viii turbo only likes low pressure so all you need tog et is a restricted fitting for the feed like search there and you will find alotta answers
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

so he would be fine taking it from the oil light sensor aka idiot light from the side of the block, cool.

by the way SPDRACER wheres my $25 that either you or proto still owe me for the past 3 months, still broke? whats the excuse now i sent you my paypal like you asked but i still got nothing. i bet your enjoying that bumper though.