The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: More problems... I think intakes messed up somewhere....

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    My99GTZ

More problems... I think intakes messed up somewhere....

So if you guys read my last post I had some initial problems with my intake and my ecu but that is all fixed now... its been running great untill last night.... I took a hard left turn while accelerating (testing out my new struct brace) but I took it and hit a pot hole and the engine revved really high and I backed off the gas... now it seems to me as if my steering got a lil tighter.. not sure just might be overplaying that part a whole mental thing... but anyways the intake seems to sound alot louder and lower rumble sound now.. and my drivers side of the car shakes.. at first I thought I threw a weight off the tire.. but the rumble and vibration increases with the throttle... the intake also has a little whine to it and when the RPMs ease down it rumbles still and has a whine down to it... I stopped the car got out and looked around and saw nothing obvious and everything seemed in place... but the intake is so much rougher and a lower rumble and shakes my drivers side of the car now.. anyone have an idea of whats going on??????????

Damn you hit a pole :shock: You might have more problems than just the intake now. What kind of intake did you get?

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

My99GTZ
    Pot hole not pole lol

Senior TGC Member
    ROFL Pole...if you had hit a pole I'd be able to tell you what's wrong Sorry...you've left me baffled.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

My99GTZ
    Hmmmm anyone????

My99GTZ
    Really need help with this one guys.. before I'm forced to spent $$ and bring it to the dealer

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(My99GTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>Pot hole not pole lol</div>

Ohhh Damn do I feel stupid :oops: :oops: :oops:

I was wondering how the hell you hit a pole and the only thing wrong is the air intake :puzzled1:

What kind of air intake did you get?

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

My99GTZ
    Injen Race Division Cold Air... but they shipped it out with the wrong sleeve for the cold air part so its just a short air right now untill the part comes in.... I think I'm gonna take it apart tomorrow and put on the stock intake and see how it sounds... if its messed up then I know its mechanical and not the intake...

It sounds more to me like you may have damaged a steering or drive component in your wheel. The whine, the rumble and vibration that increases with the throttle. You need to get the front end components checked before you drive to much further. Fuck the intake for now. Check your ball joints and tie rod ends.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

My99GTZ
    Well I'm not sure if I fixed it or not but its better and or gone.. I pulled off the new intake and put the stock on there, sound was still there, so I pulled that off and cleaned out my TB and mannnnn was that sucker dirty... my white paper towel came out black as all hell... with that cleaned up I put my intake back on and the car runs better and doesn't have that vibration anymore... its not my steering or anything because sittin still and revin it I had the vibrations so.... Could my dirty TB have caused that rumble????