The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Torque Convertor prob. w/all Mits.

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Torque Convertor prob. w/all Mits.

Yes this is true all Mits. are said to have a torque convertor problem which will make the car ,shudder, shake ,or vibrate in between gears . I was told this also read this at my Mitsu. dealer in Vineland NJ He would not let me have a copy of the paper that Mitsu. sent all the Techs but he did let me read it. It said all Mitsu. have this prob. it can be fixed by either cahnging the transmission fluid and/or replacing the torque convertor $1400 w/out labor for the 8g. So if any you out there have this prob. like me i suggest changing your A/T fluid or if you havent passed or 65k mile mark get it fixed just tell the dealer you car shudders between 35-40mph.
    SportBike Powder Coating
    "Not Just Bikes"

[email protected]
    Photos
    http://www.photobucket.com/sportbikepowdrcoating

yes, ive spoken of this many times.
    heres the bulletin. (or should i say a part of it)

I think my car have this problem... :?

Manybrews: do you have the remaining part of this bulletin???

'00 Patriot Red GTZ --> JDM'ed... 5 Speed... ...

yeah, but its nothing that is helpful to you.

its only techspeak about how to properly diagnose it.

basically, if your car shudders under light cruise at moderate speeds (especially noticed going a SLIGHT uphill grade), you probably just need your trans fluid flushed.
    if you change it regularly, you more than likely wont ever experience this problem, as it only affected a select bunch, and even then was only noticed by a few (mostly montero sport owners, but occasionally a galant or eclipse slipped in there).

That is what happed to me. Two dealers refused to fix it. The third CHARGED me for a tranny fluid flush only to have the problem still be there when I drove it off the lot. They did replace the torque converter under warranty after I took their head mechanic for a ride and got the car to shutter non stop for about three minutes. They wouldn't refund me the tranny flush. I hate the mitsu dealers in my area. I filed dealer complaints on two of them, it got me nothing. Mitsu did nothing to resolve the issue ether. I will never buy another mitsu because of the crappy service and porr relationship from mitsu. What was even funnier they broke my idler pully while it was in the shop when they didn't replace the torque converter the first time. What a train reck. Oh yeah the car had about 15k miles on it.

Wes
    Another fine post brought to you By:
    The Manâ„¢
    Search the boards first please!

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    I think my car has this problem to, I'll just flush my A/T. and burt... Any damage cause to you vehicle while at the shop is supposed to be fixed free of charge, was it?
    -Pedro

They fixed the idler pully under warranty. The fact is they charged me for warranty diagnostic work that was covered under a TSB. I'd kill to live next to manybrews

wes
    Another fine post brought to you By:
    The Manâ„¢
    Search the boards first please!

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    my 7G has nasty gear changes sometimes, and this thread reminded me i havn't changed my tranny fluid in ages.....back to the shop...
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Senior TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burthold)</div><div class='quotemain'>They fixed the idler pully under warranty. The fact is they charged me for warranty diagnostic work that was covered under a TSB. I'd kill to live next to manybrews

wes</div>

Amen to that...he's the most honest Mitsubishi tech I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. I'm still furious about them voiding my warranty and the branded title thingy...even if Carfax is completely clueless (and I hope it stays that way). It seems Carfax only pulls details on cars from insurance...and since we've never claimed insurance on the Galant they don't have any real records.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burthold)</div><div class='quotemain'>I hate the mitsu dealers in my area. (...) I will never buy another mitsu because of the crappy service and poor relationship from mitsu. Â*

Wes</div>

I feel the same, I will NEVER buy another mitsu until they improve the service, its quality and relationship. :evil:

'00 Patriot Red GTZ --> JDM'ed... 5 Speed... ...

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    I bought a level 10 TC for my auto, and i never had that problem.. Since my AT is dead, and im doing the manual swap, wont need this one anymore..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burthold)</div><div class='quotemain'>They fixed the idler pully under warranty. The fact is they charged me for warranty diagnostic work that was covered under a TSB. I'd kill to live next to manybrews

wes</div>

Me too, me too
    -Pedro