The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4G64 Turbo Kit on Ebay

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

4G64 Turbo Kit on Ebay

I've heard that anything that fits in a 3G eclipse would fit in our 4G64, my question is, would a Turbi kit also fit?

This one I found on Ebay :http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-05...spagenameZWDVW

I know alot of the guys here have done some Cool mods to your G's like motor swaps and stuff like that.

Also, would our Trannys hold the power of a turbo kit?? My car has almost 98k miles, I wonder if I should just stop spending money on it. then again, I want some HP's.

Thanks.

nope, turbo kits are crap, especially ebay kits. you need to piece together your own kit. browse the turbo section and read up. you will need to do a lot of research on this.

Thats one of the better looking ebay kits that I've seen, but comparing ebay kits is like saying this is a turd that doesn't smell as much as the rest of the pile of shit. Stay away from ebay kits.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Experienced TGC Member
    Cheap, Cheap, Cheap!!! Dont buy it, if you want to do it on a budget, steal the parts off of a 2g gsx or gst, the manifold, will work at least, and the 14b is a good turbo to start with.
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Ask AUTO, he has good advice and knowledge on Ebay kits. He bought like all of them. My advice, don't buy Turbo as a kit, piece it together but read threads and articles about it first.

dont do it bro a decent 400hp t3/t4 turbo will run you around $8-900 just to give you an idea of how cheap that kit is. but on a plus side you can use their parts list as a guide to re-search parts so you can piece your own kit together which is more fun anyway. oh and 98k, i would do a compression test before you do anything. you might be wasting money on that motor

Quote Originally Posted by xd_01 View Post
    dont do it bro a decent 400hp t3/t4 turbo will run you around $8-900 just to give you an idea of how cheap that kit is. but on a plus side you can use their parts list as a guide to re-search parts so you can piece your own kit together which is more fun anyway. oh and 98k, i would do a compression test before you do anything. you might be wasting money on that motor
    Thats what I was thinking, that doing some engine mods might be a waste of money, Thanks for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by xd_01 View Post
    if im not mistaken seth had his 7g boosted with 175k miles with no problems
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

uhmm..... your missing the whole point, doing a compression test on a 100k motor will tell you if its worthy of being boosted. its called prepping.
    piston rings DO wear and cylinders become an oval shape after high mileage, on top of that each motor wears differently alot of it has to do with driving style and regular maintenance. wether or not another person does this b4 boosting has nothing to do with what i said.

its real annoying when people try to contradict good advice and common sense
    Last edited by xd_01; 08-21-2008 at 06:58 AM

just go to turbokits.com they have a whole package for the 4g64 galant

Lol turbokits? $3400 and you don't even have properly sized injectors or a tuning device.
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by bmore303 View Post
    Lol turbokits? $3400 and you don't even have properly sized injectors or a tuning device.
    It's ridiculous, you would be better off buying seths turbo kit and adapting it to fit an 8G, most of the parts would fit, just the inter cooler piping would have to be moved around.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    I made a mistake on buying an ebay turbo kit and when I recieved it, everything was crap and cheap quality so I returned it and never bought anything major on ebay, keep away from ebay turbo kits.

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Forgot to say something about tranny part, our tranny wont hold up to long with a turbo . I dont think it ould be a big deal to put a turbo on the car with the stock tranny you have just dont floor your car or youll be in trouble. I found a place that will fully build you tranny for you for about 3,500 and they give you 700 back for somereason but its up to you on what you want to do. If anything I will tell you before you do anything in orking with a turbo, dont be like some people and keep your motor stock, put stronger internals or you will blow your motor. If you want HP you have to be willing to spend alil inorder to get it, as I say to others....Dont be stupid, do things right when workng with a car. A car is not a joke when it comes to major hp, so if your not willing to spend dont do it man. Im not even sure whats cheaper in tranny...doing a 5 speed swap or just auto rebuild, but just make sure you do everything right:)

Here is someone who build there own turbo (on a 420a motor) for under a thousand
    http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/arti...er-1000-a.html

even though the motors were working with are slightly different the idea is the same.
    Last edited by mstester; 01-02-2009 at 02:29 PM

jamario
    hi can some one tell me if i can put 12 or 15 lbs of boost on a stock 1999-2003 galant??? i was told that by a guy that was going to sell me a turbo. that did not sound right to me. how much boost can you put on a stock galant???

don't you need to install a performance chip if you turbo charge your car? the galant is not really a sports car, so it may need some help from the computer to regulate all the new pressure and heat... im still a noob so correct me if im wrong.

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Betog34 View Post
    don't you need to install a performance chip if you turbo charge your car? the galant is not really a sports car, so it may need some help from the computer to regulate all the new pressure and heat... im still a noob so correct me if im wrong.
    *doh

not a performance chip, but yes a way to regulate the fuel and such

This is achieved either by tuning the stock ECU(which has its limits), getting a piggyback, or a standalone