The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Dash, Hvac, right tail and corner lights?

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
    Stegalant01

Dash, Hvac, right tail and corner lights?

Ok, Maybe I am just overlooking something.....I installed a new stereo the other day, and now my dash lights, Hvac lights, and right tail and corner lights dont light up when I turn on my lights....which is no fun at night time. The headlights work, as do the brake and turn signals. I checked the fuses, and the right tail was blown so I replaced it, but that did not do anything. I searched the forum, but could not find anything related to this topic, I may have not searched enough though. I am thinking that the Illumination lead from the harness of the factory stereo may need to be grounded, or plugged into a 12v dc source, but I would like any suggestions befor I go about messing with more wires......any input would help!

-Steve

check your connections when u did the install. make sure u don't have a loose or cut wire that could cause problem.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Stegalant01
    I checked my connections.....everything is correct......thanks though
    -Steve

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stegalant01)</div><div class='quotemain'>I checked my connections.....everything is correct......thanks though
    -Steve</div>

OK, seriously...I'm not being rude, but please use the search engine on this topic. I know I've seen it three times at least where someone blows a fuse when they put in a new stereo and it's always the same one. When you search, click the radio button that says "use all terms" if you have multiple words. I'm sure you'll find something. It might be faster than waiting for the right reply.

Allan, I can't believe you let this one by...You must be slipping... :laughing:
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Senior TGC Member
    Poor Allan...he's still in the help all mode. You probably blew a fuse. It's commonly the 10a one located under the hood fusebox, the one red one closest to the firewall.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Stegalant01

thanks for the info

Hey guys, thanks for all the help.....tried all that, even took a multimeter to as many of the leads......but no cigar......guess I will be takin the car to the dealer in a while..... :evil:

-Steve

I would try to ground the radio and see if that helps. It just depends on the radio, try that and see instead of spending money at the dealer. Its two bolts under the dash where you could ground it pretty good. Hope that helps.....

clone2020
    My Climate Control lights don't light up either. I checked almost every damn fuse there is. When you find the answer, let me know...

-Mike.

Stegalant01
    well....I figured out what was wrong.....kinda.....I but the stock stereo back into the car...blew a fuse...replaced it.....and now everything works the way it should......no more after market stereo for me....dont spend the time in the car any way......if any one is interested I have a 12 inch jensen sub in box...and a 400 watt amp with all the wiring....asking $100....later...

-Steve

Tiptronic
    glad to hear that your stereo works. nothing worse than driving around with no tunes

yeah fishboy and ralli are right. it's a fuse under the hood. i randomly blow that fuse but i have my corners pulling more than stock wattage. it's weird that it only shuts down the right corner and the interior dash and HVAC, but it did the same on mine. i don't understand why you would have to get rid of the stereo tho... just replace the fuse or tap from another power source.

clone2020
    WHICH FUSE IS IT?

-Mike.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(clone2020)</div><div class='quotemain'>WHICH FUSE IS IT? Â*

-Mike.</div> The one that reads infinite ohms across it when you put your meter on it.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

clone2020
    All the fuses appear to be ok. No breaks, bubbles, etc...

Do I have to pull out every fuse and check them?