The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: evo motor into 8g for less than $4000

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 28 of 28
    traffik

I finally desided to come on here and give you guys a hand with these 8g's.
    I will entertain questions but remember this is what I do for a living so don't expect me to verbally do it for you.
    Last edited by traffik; 02-02-2009 at 09:59 PM

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by traffik View Post

I finally desided to come on here and give you guys a hand with these 8g's.
    I will entertain questions but remember this is what I do for a living so don't expect me to verbally do it for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhNLm8hVGr0
    Traffik many people already know about that car, it belongs (or belonged) to Spicygalant who is a member on this site. I have seen the car in person a few times. The only thing people would really need info on is piggybacking the wiring so that you can keep it automatic. Thats also few and far between because many want to swap to 5 speed at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

still dont know why anyone would want to keep the auto with an evo swap.

unless of course you dont know how to drive a manual.
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

i do it so my sister can drive it-- i already posted the info on how to keep it auto and evo ecu also
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

Its amazing that florida is the only state with the most turbo/auto galants! But props for being the first to get it to work... yet i think you should still swap it out 8)
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

traffik
    Quote Originally Posted by GOOSEY2099 View Post
    Its amazing that florida is the only state with the most turbo/auto galants! But props for being the first to get it to work... yet i think you should still swap it out 8)
    Ok, like I said before, it is not hard to keep it automatic. You can either use the stock ecu or if using an AEM let the AEM control it. Now, as far as why would someone keep an evo swap automatic is simple. with the auto every time the tranny shifts it stays in boost. The auto will never miss a gear and will shift on point every time. I love driving a manual car its fun, but when it comes to making alot of power and racing I will take an auto any day.

will goosey real soon.... but only cuz i wanna hear my bov when i shift-- nice car traffik -- dont bother arguing about autos vs manuals it doesnt matter it comes down to preference mostly.. auto has its pros and cons for daily driven as well as manual -- Theres not many people who only race there galants and tow it on trailers making 600hp.. some will always say manual and some will always say auto -- i woulda done the same as u but i dont have much money to spend on evo engines so.. good job tho
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

traffik
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnathansgalant View Post
    will goosey real soon.... but only cuz i wanna hear my bov when i shift-- nice car traffik -- dont bother arguing about autos vs manuals it doesnt matter it comes down to preference mostly.. auto has its pros and cons for daily driven as well as manual -- Theres not many people who only race there galants and tow it on trailers making 600hp.. some will always say manual and some will always say auto -- i woulda done the same as u but i dont have much money to spend on evo engines so.. good job tho
    Thanks for the comment and the props are for spicy. yeah you are right its about preference. Spicy drives her car everyday back and forth to schoool/work. so even if you makin over 600hp it can still be a DD.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12