The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Quite scared

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    Kain

Quite scared

Well, today I had my first "automotive mishap" of my driving carear.

I was driving my roomate to the doctor, and just as I was getting ready to turn, I looked up and realized that some fool was driving in the wrong lane straight at me. I slamed on the brakes, but there simply wasn't enough road to stop. I went for the side of the road. Hit the curb, went airborne, cleared the ravine, slid through the field and came to a stop in the parking lot of an abandoned store. Upon inspection of the tracks through the soft dirt, I missed a telephone pole by scant centimeters. Neither me or my roomate was seriously hurt, and we still made it to his appointment.

But, my question is this:
    I broke part of my bumper off. The front fascia is completely destroyed now, I'll be replacing it over the summer as was my plan anyway. However, part of the black part under the wheel well (you know, with the fins in it right in front of the wheel) broke off as well. Is that part replacable? Or will I have to try to repair it? I also have a black metal bar of sorts that has holes in it that I found too. I looked quickly (it was raining, so I only gave the car a cursory once-over) but didn't see anywhere that looked like it was missing the piece, anyone know where it might be from? It's about 12" long, shiny black, with holes in it, perhaps for screws/bolts. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>However, part of the black part under the wheel well (you know, with the fins in it right in front of the wheel) broke off as well. Is that part replacable?</div>
    yep its replacable. I was at the mitsu. dealership in the service department and a guy was buying one. but you would probly have to order one and wait till they get it in.
    YES I STILL HAVE MY GALANT!!

o0 XeRO G 0o
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MiDnIGhtRACinG)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>However, part of the black part under the wheel well (you know, with the fins in it right in front of the wheel) broke off as well. Is that part replacable?</div>
    yep its replacable. I was at the mitsu. dealership in the service department and a guy was buying one. but you would probly have to order one and wait till they get it in.</div>

I had that same piece break off when I hit ice during winter and put my car into the ditch. For a while, when i went about 60 or so the wind would push it back, thus grinding it on the tire. I eventually just pushed it back far enough to wear it would stick and not blow back. It's not that big of a deal to me, but I figure I'll probly go to a U-Pull-It and get one sooner or later...

o0 XeRO G 0o
    also, glad you guys didnt get hurt. driving is dangerous with morons like that on the road...

Moosh
    If you are talking about the plastic peice in FRONT of your front tires, i think its called a front splash guard.......... when I bought my car in october, one of them were missing. My dad went to mitsubishi and they replaced it with labor for like $80. If I were you, I would find it in a junkyard.......

Experienced TGC Member
    am i the only person who melted theirs by constantly driving at 95+ speeds on a regular basis?

On both sides it looks like someone put a blow torch to them..
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

IllestGalant
    hehehe i ripped mine out. they looked gay with the body kit.

o0 XeRO G 0o
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JiP)</div><div class='quotemain'>am i the only person who melted theirs by constantly driving at 95+ speeds on a regular basis?

On both sides it looks like someone put a blow torch to them..</div>

lol mines melted on the passenger side...

yeah mine are withering away

delo
    damn so are mine.