The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: wheel ideas

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 27 of 27
    Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post

Deep in my heart, I would really like some Advan A048's. =)
    I would suggest not getting those if you didn't like the wet performance of the A046's. The A048s are great in dry (like the A046's) but their wet performance leaves something to be desired. I've driven evo x's on both the stock A048s and Star SPecs, and there is no comparison , the star specs combine the dry capabilities of the A048s with better wet performance and better wear characteristics. Unless of course these are going to be track only tires, in which case get some Nitto NT 01s.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    I would suggest not getting those if you didn't like the wet performance of the A046's. The A048s are great in dry (like the A046's) but their wet performance leaves something to be desired. I've driven evo x's on both the stock A048s and Star SPecs, and there is no comparison , the star specs combine the dry capabilities of the A048s with better wet performance and better wear characteristics. Unless of course these are going to be track only tires, in which case get some Nitto NT 01s.
    that's exactly why I'm not getting them.

anyways, still playing with photoshop.
    This was my initial idea, but these wheels are seriously dinky. 16x6
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Get a cheap set of 16's and spend your money on the tires if you're going to use it for the track.. I don't like the new RalliArt wheels.. I like the older ones better.. :P

^^ Those are way to small, width wise for the track and how much our cars weigh, go with a 16x 8 with some decent rubber

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    ^^ Those are way to small, width wise for the track and how much our cars weigh, go with a 16x 8 with some decent rubber
    i know. which is exactly why I'm going with the grids. I'm going to talk to my performance shop guy sometime this month and I will see if he can get me these wheels in 16x8's I'm mostly going to run the 16x7 anyway because as I said the 16x8 rub the lower control arm in the front. and I will use a set of 225/50

I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

^nice, have you decided which tires you're going to run? And are you gonna get two sets of wheels or just the grids?

for now, I'll prolly get the grids with the Azenis. All depends on what I end up liking more.

I decided I can look sophisticated much later in life. I want the Galant to own corners first.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12