The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: will this work

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

will this work

hey guys will any of these work on my car, or does it have to be stictly for galants???
    http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?M...rt&BasicSearch=
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    i'd imagine it would, but i'm not sure. try to find one for galant just to be safe if you're not sure.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

IllestGalant
    nah, if it doesn't say it is for a mitsu fuel rail, i doubt it will simply bolt up. I would check it out first and if it does fit let me know so i can buy one to.

i bought one a couple days ago, this one here, hopefully it wil work, yea i dont think its gonna bolt up too but ill figure something out... if not ill sell it back on ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...2411773298&rd=1

yay finally finished installing everything, bolted directly up with the galant the only problem i had was the brackets that holded the fpr upright, the holes was too small... so i just drilled them bigger, other than that its like WoW!!!! you guys should get one too...

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    did it help u any? more performance? run better? did nothing?

pics?
    7g for life!

yea it helps alot, when im driving on the streets and i step on it or even daily driving my cars throttle respose is like 5 times better... feels faster!!! sorry but no pics... yet

well maybe not 5 times, but it really does feel faster...

IllestGalant
    :shock: it doesn't look like it would bolt up. where are the two holes for mounting it to the end of the fuel rail and was there a gasket or seal?

the picture wasnt exactly the same as the regulator i have but very similar, it didnt bolt up to the fuel rail, actually there was a nut i used inbetween the firewall and stock fpr that was just there, could find the reason why the nut was there soo i just used it any ways and pretty muched fit in there

dont you need to have this piece tuned?

a fpr needs to be tuned to be properly used on any car. you don't want to stray too far from the base fuel pressure setting on the stock g, especially without knowing how rich/lean you are running. if you run lean with this, it may feel faster, but it could end up killing your engine. if it runs too rich, it will slow you down and also still cause damage. you use a fpr to lower fuel pressure when you have a larger than stock fuel pump, or as a band-aid to raise fuel pressure if you need more fuel than your stock fuel system can handle (ie. you add a turbo). i strongly suggest against installing something like this, unless you a.) need to lower your fuel pressure because you put in a stronger fuel pump AND b.) know what you're doing and know how to tune it properly.