The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Personal steering wheel

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
    Banned

steering wheel hub for 8G

i know its a newb question but my search results didn't weild the results i was looking for.

i'm eyeing this Personal Neo Grinta steering wheel, but i'm not sure if i can use a MOMO or NRG hub to fit it. Will hubs made for the 3G Eclipse also fit the 8G? i heard this before, but i want to be certain.

better yet, can anyone post a link directly to some hubs that will fit an 8G?
    Last edited by platano; 02-09-2009 at 04:02 PM

the 3G hub should fit. And actually, to be honest any momo hub should fit to bacause the Nardis's are also six points so if you get the 3G hub then get the universal quick realease it should fit.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    the 3G hub should fit. And actually, to be honest any momo hub should fit to bacause the Nardis's are also six points so if you get the 3G hub then get the universal quick realease it should fit.
    Ok. Can anyone else verify that hubs for the 3G will also fit the 8G?

Jigz, i dont think i want the quick-release though. That just makes it way too easy for someone to steal the steering wheel, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by platano View Post

Jigz, i dont think i want the quick-release though. That just makes it way too easy for someone to steal the steering wheel, lol.
    from what ive been told it works.

Do any of these custom steering wheels still have an airbag? It doesn't have to sue the stock airbag, but have an airbag. I want a custom steering wheel but I also don't want to die when I get hit.

Quote Originally Posted by brad995 View Post
    Do any of these custom steering wheels still have an airbag? It doesn't have to sue the stock airbag, but have an airbag. I want a custom steering wheel but I also don't want to die when I get hit.
    only few out there have them but try are pricey

Who needs air bags anway LOL
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Banned
    damn Anybody on here with an aftermarket steering wheel?!?? what hub did you use bombaclot..

if ure not too sure about the hub u can always order a 98 and up 4 door mirage hub from momo or sparco, it fits perfectly. I have the sparco wheel/hub

Love,
    Matt

Banned
    Matt, that Sparco looks real good. nice choice.

so a '98 or '99 Mirage hub fits with no modifications?
    Last edited by platano; 02-10-2009 at 06:51 PM

the thing about the quick release is when it's off the car it discourages the thiefs to even try to steal the car. (think about it, you're trying to boost this car and there's no steering wheel, whould you proceed?) you know what I'm saying. It's one of the best security devices out right now. ATM I have a universal quick release but no wheel and hub yet.

my buddy has one in his 240 and he carries the steering wheel everywhere. lol

I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    the thing about the quick release is when it's off the car it discourages the thiefs to even try to steal the car. (think about it, you're trying to boost this car and there's no steering wheel, whould you proceed?) you know what I'm saying. It's one of the best security devices out right now. ATM I have a universal quick release but no wheel and hub yet.

my buddy has one in his 240 and he carries the steering wheel everywhere. lol
    I know that its SUPPOSED to deter people from stealing your car. But it really dosent. If a crook really wants your car bad enough he's just gonna BRING his own steereing mount it on your hub and then *cha-Ching*...he's off with your car reguardless. Or, maybe the crook jwill ust steal the steering wheel itself because of the quick release makes it easier to steel the wheel itself. And i'd be mad a fvck if someone stole my Sparco that easy!

The avarage guy simply tucks the steering wheel under the car seat anyway, and thats exactly the first place crooks look for it at, LOL. So to me thats why it is retarded. And carrying your steering wheel everywhere you go is Retaded as hell too.

thats why i wouldnt even bother with the whole quick-release crap. i know people who've had it, got over-it, and went right back to their regular hub.

I'm just gonna get a regular hub.
    Last edited by platano; 02-11-2009 at 12:20 AM

The avarage guy simply tucks the steering wheel under the car seat anyway, and thats exactly the first place crooks for it at, LOL. So to me thats why it is retarded. And carrying your steering wheel everywhere you go is Retaded as hell too.
    hahaha